Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New MNRF Minister

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default New MNRF Minister

Now that Jeff Yurek has been named the new minister of the MNRF, it will be interesting to see what changes he brings. He was the MPP that brought to light the questionable use of money in the SPA, after some of his constituents were denied funding for a project. This spring he introduced a private member's bill called the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Special Purpose Account Transparency Act. I don't believe it made it through before the legislature session was ended for the election.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

all I can say is I hope he cleans house and gets rid of any dead wood, lets get the money back into stocking and helping out the resource

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Time will tell but I don't expect much.
    It was the Conservatives that cancelled the spring bear hunt.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I will be happy if Ford can indeed clean house and put an end to the gravy train. Reality, sadly, has little to do "la la land". Meaning, we always blame the government of the day and in some or many cases that may be correct. But not always is it "them", realistically it's the people employed by the peons, that don't come and go like tides, each time an administration changes.

"La-La land". Blame the party we are ideologically opposed to too for everything.

My fiancé works at a University. The amount of money that gets spent on fluff is insane.
    Yet, 98% of the time we hear from those in education there is no money...............
    3-4 months ago the MNRF was advertising lots, lots of "summer intern" positions. Virtually every single position, paid $1,000 to $1,500 per week.

Annualized that's $52,000 to $78,000 for summer students. Don't cry "broke" imo, when......

The money is there. Or at least some is.

After that, if Ford really wants to do something about our resources, the next step is beyond obvious.
    Everyone, everyone, has to start anteing up. All user groups
    Cottagers that treat our lakes like personal playgrounds
    Hikers, bikers, kayakers, bird watchers, weekend warriors who neither hunt nor fish, but who use and abuse our "natural resources" by the thousands, yet don't ante up a penny.
    Last edited by LoR; June 30th, 2018 at 03:44 AM.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I can only hope there is change. It's no secret here that I don't saddle up with the MNR of the day. I always thought my retirement would be GREAT. All day, every day, fishing and hunting in my great province. The MNR changed all that. Those misfits have managed us right to where we are today. Protect varmints, embrace tree huggers, tag allocation games. I's not the gov't of the day that's killing us. It's the upper level of MNR bureaucrat's that make the final decisions on everything. These people have made more wrong decisions then some of the worse politicians I have ever know. Problem is we can't get rid of them. AND anyone NEW brought into their circle is probably corrupted in short time ... to think like they do. What the MNR needs is representatives from each of the user groups to sit at the table and have a say and a vote on policies and laws that affect them. Hunters and MNR together making decisions and laws pertaining to hunting. Fishermen and MNR making decisions and laws pertaining to fishing. etc etc.
    In my small mind .. this is the only way to get change and the only way it will EVER work.
    We've been dictated to up until this point and we can see how well it's working. NOT!
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Last year the mnrf "streamlined" us small game hunters. They knocked 35% off the rabbit season in 80% of the province. {during the open season}. I would like to see Mr. Ford reduce the number of Deputy Ministers by lets say a minimum of 35%.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

What the MNR needs is representatives from each of the user groups to sit at the table and have a say and a vote on policies and laws that affect them.

This is what used to happen when the special purpose account was started. People of select user groups to administer and make decisions as to where the $$ were spent. Where are they now and what are they doing (or not)

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Let’s hope he fixes the coywolf situation in central Ontario and opens the season back up.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

We need a Minister who isn't afraid to clean the Liberal bureaucrats out to the walls that are so pervasive within the Ministry,itself. That's where the issues are because they still bear sway within. That's why nothing ever seems to change no matter who sits in the Minister's office because of the "old guard" dictatorship. That entire organization needs a giant enema.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You are 100% right. 15 years of liberal rule has implanted a mindset that is biased against hunters and "fisher people". Time to clean out those highly paid managers who don't know what a mosquito bite feels like.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast