Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check out this pic from a family property trail cam

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Other then the obvious resemblance of an arrow hit,last fall's wound would heal by now(considering the deer would survive it-which is not that rare of an animal surviving various hits)and the hair would likely grow around it ,covering most if not all the wound.Nice pictures though...........i have few similar hide "issues"on my trail cams,and always chalked them up to a deer changing its hide....but hoof mark seems also reasonable theory.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

A buck breeding a doe, in the throes of passion , where do his front hooves wind up? on the does shoulders of course, you see these kinds of marks/scars on moose also.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Two seasons ago I had a small buck jump the string on me and I hit it above the spine. The deer was not recovered but showed up on my camera a week and a half later. If I didn't know it was the deer I would have a hard time telling the deer had ever been hit with a broadhead.
    Things that fly turn me on

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

It could be all of the things that you guys mentioned, could also be a beam of light.
    Anyways, hard to say. Seems awfully close to the spine and vitals for it to have survived.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Looks like bad shot placement..

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I agree Cole. That's what everyone I know says too, thought I'd try here.
    It does look like it's right on the cusp of being fatal tho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12