Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Area Mentoring, Small Game, Deer and Ducks 2018

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hello Mark. I'd love to take you up on your offer. I'm a neophyte when it comes to hunting, but have been fishing and an outdoors man for more years than I care to share. I joined the board for exactly this. I recently got my hunting coarse and small game licence. Work keeps me pinned down, even on many weekends, but want to learn when I can get away. Upland, Turkey, Goose, Rabbit, Deer, Boar? I have a handy selection of arms, perhaps I need something more realistic for Upland / Duck / Goose hunting would be needed... see I think I just gave myself permission to buy another gun . Should I just call or txt to introduce and co-ordinate? I'm on the very West End of Ottawa ... Fit
    zroy Harbour to be exact.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

You great person. Thank you for doing this for the new hunters in ottawa. I would love to come on this weekend hunting.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

KarlR, no worries, if you don't pick up a shotgun before then. I have several to use. The cost is ammo (if you don't bring own), and cleaning once used for the next person.

If you have all license requirement, but don't have a gun..no worries..I can make something happen for any game needs.
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

User Info Menu

The camp set up for opening day last year, austere, but functional.Opener Setup.jpg

User Info Menu

Bump to top for new hunters joining the forum.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Can't wait to join in this season! Thanks for doing this for the new hunters Mark!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by line052 View Post
    The camp set up for opening day last year, austere, but functional.Opener Setup.jpg
    Better looking then what I could be using. A camp cot and a tarp off the side of the truck..

What WMU is your camp in? You are right on the line for a couple areas that have different season dates for small game and waterfowl.

I will be up, if nothing more then to drink tea and sit around the fire. Ok going to burn a few marshmallows too.
    Last edited by Snowwalker; August 15th, 2018 at 03:11 PM.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

64A it's Marlborough Forest, I forget which road. Mark is a great guy to hunt with. If you make it up would also like to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Better looking then what I could be using. A camp cot and a tarp off the side of the truck..

What WMU is your camp in? You are right on the line for a couple areas that have different season dates for small game and waterfowl.

I will be up, if nothing more then to drink tea and sit around the fire. Ok going to burn a few marshmallows too.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Mark,

Thanks for the great offer of mentoring. I grew up hunting in Labrador and just got my PAL and H1 card in the last month.
    I bought my first shotgun this week and would love to join in on an afternoon of upland and evening of ducks/geese. I'd like to do a morning too but that might not work out with the wife and son.
    I have my small game and will pick up a migratory license as well.

Just a few questions to clarify things:
    Should I wear blaze orange when upland hunting?
    Is Mossy Oak\Real Tree ok for ducks or do I need waterfowl camo?
    Wader or just rubber boots?
    Is there a specific parking lot you use in Marlborough Forest?

I'm sure I'll come up with something else but for now, thanks and I look forward to meeting you and other Eastern Ontario hunters.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa_Rob View Post
    Mark,

Thanks for the great offer of mentoring. I grew up hunting in Labrador and just got my PAL and H1 card in the last month.
    I bought my first shotgun this week and would love to join in on an afternoon of upland and evening of ducks/geese. I'd like to do a morning too but that might not work out with the wife and son.
    I have my small game and will pick up a migratory license as well.

Just a few questions to clarify things:
    Should I wear blaze orange when upland hunting?
    Is Mossy Oak\Real Tree ok for ducks or do I need waterfowl camo?
    Wader or just rubber boots?
    Is there a specific parking lot you use in Marlborough Forest?

I'm sure I'll come up with something else but for now, thanks and I look forward to meeting you and other Eastern Ontario hunters.
    Welcome to the Ottawa area Rob, lots of hunting to be done around here and lots of public land.

Mark is a good guy, likes to talk politics too, ha ha ha.

Be sure to come out when we have a breakfast again, a number of us get together to talk shop a couple times a year.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast