Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Area Mentoring, Small Game, Deer and Ducks 2018

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Yes I am going out, and you are most welcome. P.S. BEST Response ever....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield21 View Post
    I prefer living to dying
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

User Info Menu

No worries, give me txt 613-863-5483
    Quote Originally Posted by Legio13 View Post
    Hey guys, new hunter here.

I've had my RPAL for a few years but just finally got around to getting my hunting license.

Marlborough forest makes a lot of sense to me. I'm one of the few gun owners in Centretown, and as much as I'd like to take out one of the geese on the bike paths, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work out so well.

I think I've got all the gear I need to deal with rabbits, game birds, and waterfowl. The freezer in my apartment won't quite fit a deer.

When would be a good time to come out that you'd be willing to show me the ropes? I don't think an overnight is in the cards right now, but I don't mind making the 45 min drive early, or late!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hey Mark I may have to come out again but this time for grouse! will let you know when i can make it and thanxs again for taking my duck hunting last year

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Are you going to be at the camp oct 13th weekend?

User Info Menu

Yes. Not going out this weekend. Scouting for new locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasta35 View Post
    Are you going to be at the camp oct 13th weekend?

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Mark,

Not sure if I need mentoring....lol. But I'd love to get out with you for a day in Oct / Nov. I have a few spots up my way ( CBay), but am always willing to travel and bring the dog.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by line052 View Post
    Yes. Not going out this weekend. Scouting for new locations.
    You are not going to be out the weekend of the 5th? Just checking before I drag all my gear and the wife up there.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

User Info Menu

Ya was going to email you today. I want to check around a couple of location within the MB and in Kemptville along the river for a group hunt. The numbers are low for ducks and geese because of the low water situation. We have had about 8" of rise in ponds due to recent rains, but the habitat will not change because eof so much lilly pads.

Now the other thought, I have is this mentoring is not about numbers, but mentoring. Quite frankly, I don't I will find another area that offers the multitude of hunting opportunities as this location. We when scouting for Bear sign on Saturday and found two locations with clear sign along with plenty of deer sign as well.

I guess I have to answer the question in my head can I provide a more enriching experience, or should I just be happy with all that this site has to offer (which is plenty)...but it still has to be answered in my head. I suspect, I will not move the camp location. Second reason is I lost a boat (the duck kayak) due to crack, and it is being repaired, which puts me down to two boats and lots of ferrying. That will be fixed before weekend..

I have to satisfy that question in my head first. Some of the people want to go scouting (from camps) as part of learning process. So far this year, I am at 56 people thru camp in 3 weekends so far..exceeding by far total people if this rate keeps up. Maybe I can get another camp going, as another guy went out and bought a camper to help out and has expressed interest in starting a second camp. Same deal

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    You are not going to be out the weekend of the 5th? Just checking before I drag all my gear and the wife up there.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Well if you got a couple experienced guys to help, maybe you could run two camps, or just send a few newbies off with the experienced guys.

PM sent.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

This is a great. Once I do my hunting course I would like to come out for a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast