View Poll Results: Do you participate in deer drives?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 39.53%
  • No

52 60.47%

Thread: Polling our readers - August 2018

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Question Polling our readers - August 2018

Do you participate in deer drives?
    August 2018 DE FINAL 1 resized.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Deer drives are a part of our history ....... we will continue no matter how successful we are !
    Glen

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

WE started our hunt camp in 1962 and as it goes with time passing, us members are aged and
    we have 8 blockers BUT no pushers ….sad but true
    Al7mm
    Shoot straight not often

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Al7mm View Post
    WE started our hunt camp in 1962 and as it goes with time passing, us members are aged and
    Time marches on,eh,Al. Our deer camp dissolved last year after 35 years. There wasn't enough young blood to keep it going. Two of us "old" guys still hunt together. We simply walk into crown land and sit down and let other hunters stir the bush. It works,too. So far,the Moose camp is alive and well,though.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Al7mm View Post
    Sorry to hear about you guys getting older but over the years you guys should of introduced some new blood to the camp and show them the ropes. I see it all the time, tight nit hunting camp that doesn't want any new hunters to join them. Then the years go buy and they are wishing for new blood. No offence just what I have noticed.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I was never a fan of deer drives I would sooner put in the time of scouting and tree stand placement or ground blind and sit and relax while watching nature do its thing. I find it more rewarding, I always hear stories from hunters about deer that have been shot and wounded because of running shots some are recovered and some not because of poor shot placement so the deer are left suffering not very ethical if you ask me and..... WHAT A WASTE

Just starting out

User Info Menu

We drive the deer in the big woods around wmu 54 close to Algonquin Park. Makes deer season very entertaining.