Thread: Quebec

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Quebec

Going to northern Quebec fishing later this week from Ontario and was hoping to take a couple non-restricted rifles to do some target shooting. Anyone know if this is allowed or would I need paperwork etc from Quecec to do this? Tried calling the CFO office but tired of sitting on hold.

thanks
    Jason

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I'd say sit on hold a little longer, and get the answer from the horse's mouth.

-Nick
    Krete

Bills n' Thrills.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by claj View Post
    Going to northern Quebec fishing later this week from Ontario and was hoping to take a couple non-restricted rifles to do some target shooting. Anyone know if this is allowed or would I need paperwork etc from Quecec to do this? Tried calling the CFO office but tired of sitting on hold.

thanks
    Jason
    Possession, storage and transportation is the same. You need to contact Quebec authorities with respect to target shooting etc., as well as their registry. I don’t believe their registry impacts nonresidents there temporarily.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Staying for only a short time you do not have to register the firearms.

Target shooting is the real question. It would also depend how far north your are going to be as well. North of the south end of James Bay, you need guides to do any hunting, and fishing( may not come into effect till next year, but may be in effect now).
    Sic Gorgia Mus Allos Subjectatos Nunc.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I would definitely look into it as some provinces require paper work if you want to just target shoot. In NB for example outside of the a season you need to go to the MNR and get a transportation permit to use a known range and the permit specifies the time you will have the firearm in your possession.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)