Thread: New Goose hunters

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default New Goose hunters

ADVERTISEMENT
    Through this forum I met these 3 new hunters and we have been out hunting for Wild Turkey twice and a successful duck hunt last November. Today they came up to try their luck at goose hunting. It was very foggy and there were very few geese flying around. After about 3 hours I heard a honk and proceeded to call a pair of geese to my decoys set up on my pond. The team managed to bring both geese down. A pretty exciting moment watching them shoot their first geese.
    Not much action so we started cleaning the birds around noon. I showed/ told them what to do and they all dove in and had the geese breasted and the legs removed within a few minutes. The flock of 25 geese that have been loafing on my pond the last 3 days never showed up. It would have been nice fo4 the guys to shoot at that many birds but it wasn’t meant to be.
    All in all a great day for them and me.

171A4C88-F51A-40AB-BFEE-6D69FB89C859.jpg
    Last edited by JMatthews; September 12th, 2018 at 03:35 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Nice work guys!
    Great story!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Good job and congrats to all of you
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

It was a great hunt! I doubt we'll have another one quite as comfortable as that day...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Nice to be able to sit among the cedars in camp chairs only 50 yards from the house. See you in November and good luck tomorrow

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

looks like you guys had a blast! Hunting geese off a pond is alot of fun.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk