Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keep Your Eyes Peeled

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Snowwalker has a ton of field and water gear in his off road trailer set up. P.S. and a very sharp machete......lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    X2. Got gear to bring, I can get the spread out well you can coach the new guy.
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Snowwalker, has a fantastic setup. Would recommend.
    Also, i'm interested in opportunities especially if i can carpool with someone from Toronto [or i guess i could ride my motorbike :P]. I would appreciate it!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by line052 View Post
    Snowwalker has a ton of field and water gear in his off road trailer set up. P.S. and a very sharp machete......lol
    Great! Scratch my finger once, and you'll never let me live it down.

Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Don't let him handle any sharp objects.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    Don't let him handle any sharp objects.
    I guess you just volunteered to do all the cooking from now on.

I did not see you handing out sharp knives so people could cut the meat.
    Line052 really needs to get a few metal utensils, and some steak knives for meat.
    With the great discount he gets by buying in bulk at his favorite store, I can't see why not.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I hope some newbies take you up on your offer in the same spirit in which you offer it. You're a good, no, great ambassador for our sport.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Sept 24 is filled, I may be available the 26th as well.

Scott
    "I may not have gone where I was supposed to go, but I ended up where I was supposed to be"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by terrym View Post
    I hope some newbies take you up on your offer in the same spirit in which you offer it. You're a good, no, great ambassador for our sport.
    Thanks for this It's appreciated, I do this because I enjoy very much the look on a new hunters face when they shoot their first duck. All to often I hear on here (and other places) too much negativity towards "new guys" asking for help. It's our responsibility as vetrans to help the up and comers and ensure continued interest and support in a sport we all love. Hopefully those I assist will one day reciprocate and help someone else

Scott
    "I may not have gone where I was supposed to go, but I ended up where I was supposed to be"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Well skeeter, there also the fact that every year new hunters ask questions, and get invited to join experienced guys in June, July, and August. Come September they disappear. Now some may be doing fine, but how many got a rude awakening, or scared off by the price of gear, endless list of gear available, confused by all the information.

Having mentors can really help with that, but don't forget there are experienced guys, you can have help you too.

The less time you spend running around "doing" stuff, the more time you can be giving infomation and teaching newbies.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter1 View Post
    Sept 24 is filled, I may be available the 26th as well.

Scott
    awww shucks. medical appointment that i can't reschedule or skip

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast