Thread: Kayak covers

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Kayak covers

Just picked a sit on top fishing kayak, looking to cover it, and grass it for chasing ducks. Any body have any pics of yours, or any tips? was looking to buy some multi coloured Rafia grass in bulk, but can't find any online.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Paint it. Does not matter if it is already camo or desert brown, there is a shine that you don't want. We have three kayaks, one was bright red but got painted, the other two have not been painted but are darker colors. The painted one is hard to see in low light but the other two almost glow even though they have camouflaged paint from the factory.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

For sure going to paint it. Definitely need to knock down the shine. I do the same with new layout blinds. But I’m also going to grass it up, for best concealment on shorelines etc. Use it just like a layout blind. I was thinking some plastic mesh, covered in camo burlap, with lots of rafia grass attached. Just can’t find the coloured rafia. I bought an Avery “killerweed Boat blond kit” years ago to cover my layout blinds. It was about 5 or 6 pounds of grass. Died in 3 different colours I think. I just can’t find any in Canada to buy anymore. ?