Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Reg's Are Out

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default 2018-19 Reg's Are Out

The new Reg's are out and some great news with the black duck limit raising to 2 in southern and 4 in northern districts and no shortened season on them ether!!!

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment...s/ontario.html

Time to to get them vacation days booked fellas!!!
    Last edited by duckslayer; July 24th, 2018 at 11:52 AM.
    I love fishing but REALLY it is just a way to pass time until hunting season!!!!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Love them black ducks :-)

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

What the heck why would they open the woodcock season 1 week earlier!!!!!!! Bad enough Sept 25 them being just a pin feather mess but why open it earlier?
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    What the heck why would they open the woodcock season 1 week earlier!!!!!!! Bad enough Sept 25 them being just a pin feather mess but why open it earlier?
    Does it close a week earlier as well or did you gain a week of hunting??

Never even raised my gun at a woodcock let alone looked up the regs........lol
    I love fishing but REALLY it is just a way to pass time until hunting season!!!!

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer View Post
    Does it close a week earlier as well or did you gain a week of hunting??

Never even raised my gun at a woodcock let alone looked up the regs........lol
    in essence they added 10 days of hunting. Never looked at the close date as always been dec ish, thing is they are usually gone by end of nov so close date was never significant.
    As for chasing the little birds I don't recommend starting as they are highly addictive.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

in essence they added 10 days of hunting. Never looked at the close date as always been dec ish, thing is they are usually gone by end of nov so close date was never significant.
    As for chasing the little birds I don't recommend starting as they are highly addictive.
    So they add 10 days of hunting opportunity and you don’t like it??? Not sure I understand the complaint?? Not many people complain about added hunting seasons...............

As for taking up chasing them, no worries, I’ve seen pleanty of them while out hunting other game and did not feel any erge to lift my gun. For the people who like to chase them the added season should be a welcomed reg change.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer View Post
    So they add 10 days of hunting opportunity and you don’t like it??? Not sure I understand the complaint?? Not many people complain about added hunting seasons...............

As for taking up chasing them, no worries, I’ve seen pleanty of them while out hunting other game and did not feel any erge to lift my gun. For the people who like to chase them the added season should be a welcomed reg change.
    Well its a well know fact amongst woodcock hunters that the population has been on a steady decline for a number of years. Actually would be happy with a reduced bag limit. To open up the season further baffles me.
    Well at least shouldn't get grief for running my dog when they are migrating back up if they can handle the extra hunting pressure.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Well its a well know fact amongst woodcock hunters that the population has been on a steady decline for a number of years. Actually would be happy with a reduced bag limit. To open up the season further baffles me.
    Well at least shouldn't get grief for running my dog when they are migrating back up if they can handle the extra hunting pressure.
    A reduced bag limit is yours, and yours alone to control, this applies to all hunters .

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    A reduced bag limit is yours, and yours alone to control, this applies to all hunters .
    guess that applies to season dates too then as I for one won't be out.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Ok I see were you are coming from now, ya I guess if you are concerned about population levels you can practice self set lower limits and going out after them fewer times or at least pass on shooting at them and just enjoying the dog work. Obviously the feds are not worried about population levels as they usually have a good understanding on population/limits (for the most part) now if we were talking about the MNRF then I would not have so much faith in the changes...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast