Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100 acres recent vacant land sale Coe Hill area.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
    With real estate starting to take a dump, I’m surprised it sold.
    Real estate is not taking a dump at all and especially in cottage country.Vacant land is selling very well if its within 2 or 3 hours of the GTA. If its a lakefront cottage even better, my BIL had a year round home built last year on a nice lake and its already appreciated between $300,000 and $400,000.Real estate in the city is down a little but
    houses are selling very well and only down one or two hundred thousand from the crazy high,s of a year ago.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    If the land borders Crown land,for hunting,it's worth gold.
    I would agree with you IF the land your buying has the Crown land, landlocked, then you have something.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bush24 View Post
    Northern Ontario relative of mine says investors buy parcels of bush in Ontario then ship the wood to Quebec, cut and
    sell the wood then sell the property.
    Profit xx. Slash it is.
    Not sure why Quebec would enter into the equation unless there was a sawmill close by? Up here this was a common occurrence. Loggers would (and still do) buy parcels then strip any and all product they could off (hardwood, saw logs and pulp). They will then flip the property for close to what they originally paid for it and walk away looking for another chunk? Have you ever seen a bush lot after that? Skidder tire ruts 4 feet deep? Bull dozed piles of debris, gravel n mud and busted stumps. It takes years for that land to ever come back as a forest again.
    I'm not suggesting that this is wrong on the loggers part, they have to make a living. I am suggesting that unless the property comes cheap, only a fool would buy it thinking they;ll get decent hunting land in a few short years?
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Real estate is not taking a dump at all and especially in cottage country.Vacant land is selling very well if its within 2 or 3 hours of the GTA. If its a lakefront cottage even better, my BIL had a year round home built last year on a nice lake and its already appreciated between $300,000 and $400,000.Real estate in the city is down a little but
    houses are selling very well and only down one or two hundred thousand from the crazy high,s of a year ago.
    Down a bit?

That isn’t the reality.

Who do you think is buying at the moment?

With the secondary stress tests being leveraged against buyers it’s tough.

Well off folks won’t have any issues.

I expect the very serious slide to continue.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Down a bit?

That isn’t the reality.

Who do you think is buying at the moment?

With the secondary stress tests being leveraged against buyers it’s tough.

Well off folks won’t have any issues.

I expect the very serious slide to continue.
    Hate to argue mate but where exactly do you see this drop in housing,there are nobody,s kids I know right now that can even look at buying a house period.

That,s my reality in the GTA for houses.

My reality up north is exactly what I posted and even although YOU are surprised the land I posted was sold,it SOLD within a few weeks of being posted for sale,so that,s the reality 2 1/2hrs from my GTA home.

Now if you would like to post me a bunch of cheap homes and land please feel free to do so as I have kids looking to buy these cheap places.

There is no very serious slide at the moment so it will not continue to slide, there are Chinese buyers snapping up houses in my area on a weekly basis, lots of reasons why this is happening.

(1) They want to get their legal and illegal gains out of China.
    (2) Their kids are attending Universities in Canada for 4-5 years so why not buy a home,not pay rent in those 4-5 years and then flip the house OR
    (3) Keep the house as a longer term investment.

here is a link to just the FIRST search on housing I did https://gordcollins.com/real-estate/...rket-forecast/
    Last edited by Gilroy; July 29th, 2018 at 12:27 PM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I don’t see the Rosie picture you portray.

It is not just kids that can’t buy.

The fact that you can’t see the reality of the hard times this province is facing astounds me.

Where are all these high paying jobs to support this nonsense.

Done with this thread as it’s pointless.

Who cares that a hundred acres sold around coe hill for under asking?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Hate to argue mate but where exactly do you see this drop in housing,there are nobody,s kids I know right now that can even look at buying a house period.

That,s my reality in the GTA for houses.

My reality up north is exactly what I posted and even although YOU are surprised the land I posted was sold,it SOLD within a few weeks of being posted for sale,so that,s the reality 2 1/2hrs from my GTA home.

Now if you would like to post me a bunch of cheap homes and land please feel free to do so as I have kids looking to buy these cheap places.

There is no very serious slide at the moment so it will not continue to slide, there are Chinese buyers snapping up houses in my area on a weekly basis, lots of reasons why this is happening.

(1) They want to get their legal and illegal gains out of China.
    (2) Their kids are attending Universities in Canada for 4-5 years so why not buy a home,not pay rent in those 4-5 years and then flip the house OR
    (3) Keep the house as a longer term investment.

here is a link to just the FIRST search on housing I did https://gordcollins.com/real-estate/...rket-forecast/
    Vacation property is still doing quite well in our neck of the woods. The insanity with our local real estate market was over 8 months ago,but,values are still healthy only not as high as they were this time last year. "Bid ups" are a thing of the past,too. This market is pretty much back to normal. You're sure right about the "stress tests". That was a calculated move by he Bank of Canada to fly trial balloons in case there's no choice but to abandon artificially controlled interest rates. They need to know that (a) mortgagees can survive a short term interest rate hike and (b) how bad the financial (and political) blow back will be if that situation goes permanent.
    I think you're missing the point about people not being able to enter the market. With the "stress tests",thousands of potential buyers don't quailify and are locked out unless they can come up with exceedingly huge down payments and have very little,if any,consumer debt. That pretty much eliminates 75% of people trying to enter the market. Eventually,unless the BofC comes up with a better solution,a full-blown market collapse will be right around the corner.
    Last edited by trimmer21; July 29th, 2018 at 02:36 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Who cares that a hundred acres sold around coe hill for under asking?
    I don,t know maybe the 685 readers who have read the post to date including you know who?LOL

So getting back on topic I hope those with vacant land or those interested in vacant land purchasing will find some value in the post.Thanks.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I don,t know maybe the 685 readers who have read the post to date including you know who?LOL

So getting back on topic I hope those with vacant land or those interested in vacant land purchasing will find some value in the post.Thanks.
    Yes we did. Buying land around you is a bad idea. If I buy land for anything, I sure don't want a stripped, trashed and useless 100 acres.
    Sic Gorgia Mus Allos Subjectatos Nunc.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Yes we did. Buying land around you is a bad idea. If I buy land for anything, I sure don't want a stripped, trashed and useless 100 acres.
    Stripped and useless isn't an issue and trashed can be cleaned up if the price is right. All that's needed is room enough to put a camp with crown access. Anything else is a bonus.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast