Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: 100 acres recent vacant land sale Coe Hill area.

  1. #21
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Stripped and useless isn't an issue and trashed can be cleaned up if the price is right. All that's needed is room enough to put a camp with crown access. Anything else is a bonus.
    He never said it was anywhere near crownland did he?
    Sic Gorgia Mus Allos Subjectatos Nunc.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #22
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    He never said it was anywhere near crownland did he?
    No,I don't see any mention of it being on or near CL. My comments on it were "if" there was any around nearby only as a general comment.

  4. #23
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Hate to argue mate but where exactly do you see this drop in housing,there are nobody,s kids I know right now that can even look at buying a house period.

    That,s my reality in the GTA for houses.

    My reality up north is exactly what I posted and even although YOU are surprised the land I posted was sold,it SOLD within a few weeks of being posted for sale,so that,s the reality 2 1/2hrs from my GTA home.

    Now if you would like to post me a bunch of cheap homes and land please feel free to do so as I have kids looking to buy these cheap places.

    There is no very serious slide at the moment so it will not continue to slide, there are Chinese buyers snapping up houses in my area on a weekly basis, lots of reasons why this is happening.

    (1) They want to get their legal and illegal gains out of China.
    (2) Their kids are attending Universities in Canada for 4-5 years so why not buy a home,not pay rent in those 4-5 years and then flip the house OR
    (3) Keep the house as a longer term investment.

    here is a link to just the FIRST search on housing I did https://gordcollins.com/real-estate/...rket-forecast/
    Based on my experience after trying to sell my house recently to make the jump to a bigger home. I am in whitby, the prices aren't dropping fast, but they are coming down because houses are sitting on the market an average of 40 days. We chose not to sell and wait a bit to see how things go. The reality is, the people buying homes valued higher then 500 k are people that have small mortgages or people that have sold and are moving out of Toronto. The market is priced too high right now. Expand outside whitby to say port perry and houses are sitting on the market for 80 plus days because everything is overpriced.
    Things that fly turn me on

  5. #24
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    No,I don't see any mention of it being on or near CL. My comments on it were "if" there was any around nearby only as a general comment.
    Ok. But what would you say is a reasonable cost of repairing 100 acres of treeless wasteland that you just payed over a 100 grand for. No trees for firewood, no cover for deer or bears, no ground cover for erosion/flood control.

    Do you own a good sized dozer or do you have to rent( if you can run one), maybe you would need to pay a company to landscape the 100 acres.

    Seem to not be worth it to me.
    Sic Gorgia Mus Allos Subjectatos Nunc.

  6. #25
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Ok. But what would you say is a reasonable cost of repairing 100 acres of treeless wasteland that you just payed over a 100 grand for. No trees for firewood, no cover for deer or bears, no ground cover for erosion/flood control.

    Do you own a good sized dozer or do you have to rent( if you can run one), maybe you would need to pay a company to landscape the 100 acres.

    Seem to not be worth it to me.
    No cost involved, in time the trees regrow and you have perfect habitat for deer, then as the trees get higher and larger, the moose move in as has happened in our area #54 where my friends camp is.
    Firewood there is plenty of as the loggers leave a lot [ tops ] that are not suitable for them, they no longer clear cut as the MNRF contract someone, or themselves , they come in and spray paint slashes or circle of different colours on the trees to be cut either for saw logs , veneer or firewood.
    The same has happened in the 110 acres of bush by our place, it was logged and for a couple of years there seemed to be no deer or turkeys or coyotes, it was not clear cut, selective cutting was done, now new growth is there again and the animals have moved back in, no shortage.

    A bush/ forest has to be selectively cut periodically as a mature forest does not support wildlife as much as new young growth does .

  7. #26
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    No cost involved, in time the trees regrow and you have perfect habitat for deer, then as the trees get higher and larger, the moose move in as has happened in our area #54 where my friends camp is.
    Firewood there is plenty of as the loggers leave a lot [ tops ] that are not suitable for them, they no longer clear cut as the MNRF contract someone, or themselves , they come in and spray paint slashes or circle of different colours on the trees to be cut either for saw logs , veneer or firewood.
    The same has happened in the 110 acres of bush by our place, it was logged and for a couple of years there seemed to be no deer or turkeys or coyotes, it was not clear cut, selective cutting was done, now new growth is there again and the animals have moved back in, no shortage.

    A bush/ forest has to be selectively cut periodically as a mature forest does not support wildlife as much as new young growth does .
    Trimmer was saying that it was worth spending more to clean up the lot, so I asked how much was a reasonable cost to clean up the lot.

    They may not clear cut the lot, but piles of dead dry branches, tree tops and thick tangles of brush and thorn bushes is not that easy/cheap to clean up. Yes the trees will regrow in a couple decades, but do you want to wait 15 to 30 years for trees to start making acorns, beech nuts, and wild nuts again?

    If I buy a lot, it's going to have trees. If I wanted to live in the middle of a wide open field, I would build on a Rugby/Football pitch.
    Sic Gorgia Mus Allos Subjectatos Nunc.

  8. #27
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    That is interesting $1000 plus an acre. Not my opinion but my personal experience is that loggers can do a very nice job of harvesting trees. Modern equipment plucking out the good trees..leaving a main driveway a couple of landings for building, parking, food plots and secondary trails. I have had my 300 acre property done twice and was very pleased with the results. I am thinking of another go around for pulp.

  9. #28
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toddy View Post
    Based on my experience after trying to sell my house recently to make the jump to a bigger home. I am in whitby, the prices aren't dropping fast, but they are coming down because houses are sitting on the market an average of 40 days. We chose not to sell and wait a bit to see how things go. The reality is, the people buying homes valued higher then 500 k are people that have small mortgages or people that have sold and are moving out of Toronto. The market is priced too high right now. Expand outside whitby to say port perry and houses are sitting on the market for 80 plus days because everything is overpriced.
    Why did your house not sell because it's over priced ? Or the fact the the market was flooded . When there is a flooded market a lot of houses won't sell . Just way to many listings.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

  10. #29
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toddy View Post
    Based on my experience after trying to sell my house recently to make the jump to a bigger home. I am in whitby, the prices aren't dropping fast, but they are coming down because houses are sitting on the market an average of 40 days. We chose not to sell and wait a bit to see how things go. The reality is, the people buying homes valued higher then 500 k are people that have small mortgages or people that have sold and are moving out of Toronto. The market is priced too high right now. Expand outside whitby to say port perry and houses are sitting on the market for 80 plus days because everything is overpriced.
    The days of over-priced craziness in the market like what we saw briefly last year are over and unlikely to ever return. There's still people in our area that haven't gotten the message and are still expecting to hit a home run with "fringe" real estate agents hoping they never figure it out because they rely on that simply to obtain listings. Those agents will tell clients whatever they want to hear,convincing their clients later to drop prices with no end to the BS. They're making used car salesmen look good.

  11. #30
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    The days of over-priced craziness in the market like what we saw briefly last year are over and unlikely to ever return. There's still people in our area that haven't gotten the message and are still expecting to hit a home run with "fringe" real estate agents hoping they never figure it out because they rely on that simply to obtain listings. Those agents will tell clients whatever they want to hear,convincing their clients later to drop prices with no end to the BS. They're making used car salesmen look good.
    All depends on where you are located,in my part of the GTA we have very rich Chinese buyers building 2 million dollar mansions and NOT EVEN OCCUPYING THEM,I can show you one within 1kl of my home. A little closer Chinese are buying a zoned SINGLE FAMILY DWELLING and stuffing 3 families into the house? Prices have come down
    very little in the last year and homes are selling within 4 weeks.The only exception are homes with nice landscaping and POOLS. In past times 60,s and 70,s other immigrants rented out parts of their homes to make the mortgage payments and even rented out beds for 12 hrs at a time,history repeats itself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •