Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Salmon in the river already? Can it be??

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetre View Post
    And that's out of 500,000 stocked.

Wow. Talk about pathetic.
    they stocked 30000 3 years ago. this is the first year for return .. its early but a start... lets just wait till the end of sept and see where the new program is doing

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

511,000 stocked by OMNR into Lake O tributaries in 2015. So far, 12 fish reported. And don't lie Mark, this is not the first year for a return, as you know full well they've been stocking atlantics into Lake O since 1984. Stocking numbers by Ontario have been over 500,000 per year since at least 2011, and New York has poured in millions more.

12 fish? Don't make me laugh.

COMPLETE TOTAL ABSOLUTE FAILURE!!

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

It's called justifying a perpetual job.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetre View Post
    511,000 stocked by OMNR into Lake O tributaries in 2015. So far, 12 fish reported. And don't lie Mark, this is not the first year for a return, as you know full well they've been stocking atlantics into Lake O since 1984. Stocking numbers by Ontario have been over 500,000 per year since at least 2011, and New York has poured in millions more.

12 fish? Don't make me laugh.

COMPLETE TOTAL ABSOLUTE FAILURE!!
    this is a different aproach to the Atlantic program .. the fish were stocked in the Ganarasaka at age 1 in 2016 this is the first return of those fish at age 3 . I Don't care about other stocking numbers.. just this new program ..

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mark270wsm View Post
    this is a different aproach to the Atlantic program .. the fish were stocked in the Ganarasaka at age 1 in 2016 this is the first return of those fish at age 3 . I Don't care about other stocking numbers.. just this new program ..
    Ya, just to perpetuate your job. Waste of oxygen and rations.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    I read years back how the Americans stock st Mary’s with a high success rate. Imprinting was a huge factor to their success.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    don't work for them if the project doesn't work there is lots of interesting data that has come of the program

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

It's a different approach, ya heard that before. That's what they say every 7 or 8 years after it becomes obvious that nothing's happening. So they change stocking locations, or they change to bigger smolts or smaller smolts or smolts from different sources. And guess what? Nothing happens so they change their approach and its a whole new program and what happened before doesn't matter.

BEEN HEARING THOSE EXCUSES FOR 35 YEARS. WHERE ARE THE RESULTS???

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Imagine what our rainbow fishery could be if they ended the Atlantic program and diverted the funding and numbers to those chrome beauties we all love and are a proven survivor that gives you a way bigger bang for your buck.

One can dream.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

I have fished these majestic salmon in rivers on the east coast. It seems they love clean cold rivers. With global warming, run off problems, deforestation of riverbanks etc, I have to wonder if any of our Lake Ontario rivers will ever be ready for Atlantic Salmon. It seems Browns and Bows can manage in the warmer waters. Stock them fish!
    Last edited by TroutSlayer; August 14th, 2018 at 02:29 PM.

TS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast