Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upland parka and 400 sq inches of hunter orange

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Upland parka and 400 sq inches of hunter orange

I'm a beginner pheasant hunter and have started looking for hunting gear and clothes. Saw this at Bass Pro and was wondering if this would be legal for the minimum 400 sq inches of hunter orange during the gun season along with a hunter orange cap or toque?

Thanks.

https://www.columbiasportswear.ca/en...ationColor=250

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

My guess is no ! It may be close, but not enough for my liking. Try to envision 4, 10x10 inch sections of orange.
    Last edited by rick_iles; October 1st, 2018 at 04:57 PM.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Perfect
    The requirement is for non natives only.
    Just to clarify
    If ur native you don't need to buy it

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post
    I'm a beginner pheasant hunter and have started looking for hunting gear and clothes. Saw this at Bass Pro and was wondering if this would be legal for the minimum 400 sq inches of hunter orange during the gun season along with a hunter orange cap or toque?

Thanks.

https://www.columbiasportswear.ca/en...ationColor=250
    If it's the same as mine where you can simply reverse it to the full hunter orange and zip the sleeves back on,then,you're good to go,but,don't try to use it without the full orange on the outside. It won't meet the 400sq.in. requirement and it's not "readily" visible from all sides. I have a Browning upland coat,too, that's full orange down the back and across and over the shoulders that doesn't meet the regs,either,because it's not "readily" visible from the front or sides. I know it sounds nit-picky as hell,but,if there's an officious CO that wants to be a PR and you're a long way from home,you'll get a ticket.
    Last edited by trimmer21; October 1st, 2018 at 06:53 PM. Reason: fixed it.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    If it's the same as mine where you can simply reverse it to the full hunter orange and zip the sleeves back on,then,you're good to go,but,don't try to use it without the full orange on the outside. It won't meet the 400sq.cm. requirement and it's not "readily" visible from all sides. I have a Browning upland coat,too, that's full orange down the back and across and over the shoulders that doesn't meet the regs,either,because it's not "readily" visible from the front or sides. I know it sounds nit-picky as hell,but,if there's an officious CO that wants to be a PR and you're a long way from home,you'll get a ticket.
    I’m pretty sure the Act says square inches....not cm,s

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    I’m pretty sure the Act says square inches....not cm,s
    Right on!
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Couliewalker View Post
    Perfect
    The requirement is for non natives only.
    Just to clarify
    If ur native you don't need to buy it
    What great advice. I will be sure to have that etched on their tombstone. "They didn't need to comply for their own safety."
    Guess you really can't legislate common sense.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice. I'll pick something with more orange in it.

Something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Gamehide-3A0-.../dp/B018M1Y658

Member for Life

User Info Menu

You can always get the coat/jacket you like............................... and then just buy a cheap orange vest for the big game orange requirement.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    You can always get the coat/jacket you like............................... and then just buy a cheap orange vest for the big game orange requirement.
    X2 and then some. Put the money into a good coat/Jacket/vest and just throw a cheap hunter orange vest over it. That way in a year or two when the color fades you just buy a new $10 vest and not another $300 coat.
    Take the warning labels off. Darwin will solve the problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast