Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trail Cam theft prevention

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Trail Cam theft prevention

ADVERTISEMENT
    [COLOR=#000000]Hello everyone, I'am sure many of you are starting to get the itch, and cant wait for the upcoming season, I have been behind schedule this year with my trail cameras, but am hoping to get them out shortly. I am hoping to explore some new areas this year, and like many of you I started to think about how to prevent my trail cameras from being stolen.

have started a few prototypes to prevent my cameras from being stolen, once I finish them I will post them so you all can see. that being said I was just curious to what all of you guys use to prevent theft. Its a shame we even have to think like this but what can you do.

thanks for looking.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

If putting out in public land-be willing to loose them.
    If elsewhere-good lock and cable will do it.
    Steel box also helps greatly.
    Putting them as inconspicuous as possible helps greatly-i have had trespassers walk by without noticing they are on camera..........
    This helps on public land too.Not cutting lanes also helps.

Remember-dishonest ppl or thieves will stop at nothing if they want the camera.
    All measures are good for the honest ppl and potentially for the thieves of opportunity.

Please keep us posted-Curious about your device.
    Last edited by gbk; August 4th, 2018 at 11:01 AM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Around here you would need a 6 ft fence with razor wire around your cam. But then they would just cut the fence !!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies. I have had cameras on public/ crown before. Nothing stolen so far. Knock on wood

I agree only so much can be done to prevent theft, if someone wants it bad enough they will likely succeed, once I get them finished I'll show you what I have come up with. I'm sure some people won't agree with my method of attaching it to a tree, but we will see.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Seven feet up the tree, and tilted down to take pictures. Most people never see anything above their line of sight, and walk looking at the ground not up in the trees.
    Sic Gorgia Mus Allos Subjectatos Nunc.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Great idea
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Yes that is a good idea , will have to add that into my idea thanks for sharing

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

HERE'S AN IDEA FOR YA!

https://www.spyhighmounts.com/
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Artic Blue View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I have had cameras on public/ crown before. Nothing stolen so far. Knock on wood

I agree only so much can be done to prevent theft, if someone wants it bad enough they will likely succeed, once I get them finished I'll show you what I have come up with. I'm sure some people won't agree with my method of attaching it to a tree, but we will see.
    Same here. I usually have three cameras on Crown land, all with metal boxes and lock cable. Never had one stolen yet, but wouldn’t be surprised if one day one did get stolen.
    I don't wear bows - I shoot them.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I put out dummy cam to catch guy or an camera on a cam . hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast