Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trail Cam theft prevention

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by SK33T3R View Post
    HERE'S AN IDEA FOR YA!

https://www.spyhighmounts.com/
    Interesting. Or instead of carrying that pole, bring 1 climbing stick and hang it out of reach that way.
    Last edited by LowbanksArcher; August 20th, 2018 at 01:07 PM.
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I do like the lazer idea of positioning the camera

Elevated cams need to be precisely aimed .

The field of sensor activation or zone of activation is much smaller animals will be missed otherwise.

All my years I only lost 1 camera so I'll be setting mine conventionally. On a bear bait in the middle of nowhere. Go figure
    Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    Interesting. Or steady of carrying that pole, bring 1 climbing stick and hang it out of reach that way.
    Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I find I get far fewer shots from elevated positions, and animals are often out of frame before the trigger goes.

On private land, I try to lock the camera but have the "door" to the SD card unlocked (easier with some models than others). Often trespassers don't want their picture taken, but aren't there to steal cams so they take the card instead.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I had to go to a metal security box and a cable lock, as well as putting it out of the line of sight. That's all fine and dandy preseason but it makes checking it really tough when its in-season. I've given up on any camera that doesn't have a PIN number. My cameras are on public land so they aren't likely being stolen by trespassers.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Seven feet up the tree, and tilted down to take pictures. Most people never see anything above their line of sight, and walk looking at the ground not up in the trees.
    ^^^exacty. And get grey brown ones to match tree bark, not green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12