Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall hunt 2018

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Fall hunt 2018

Maybe the forum is just quiet, but I find it odd that no one has mentioned the Fall Turkey hunt.

With the new Bow season now open and the Shotgun season just around the corner (Oct 9th) I would have expected some chatter from people participating in the fall hunt.

Missed opportunity for what can be a very challenging hunt.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Agreed, its no spring hunt and to me that takes some of the fun out of it... maybe if I had a dog and did a scatter, but my tactic is scout and ambush...less fun than calling a long beard in... well still get out though...have to get Dr Amanda her West Nile samples...

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I will be out there, Me and my dog enjoy the fall season and haven’t missed one yet. Great time of the year to be in the woods.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

i got out with the bow but was doing a deer/turkey sit and didnt want to disturb the woods too much and burn out my spot. i plan to hit the bush with the SG tomorrow though. was having a conversation with one last week so here's hoping we can connect tomorrow.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I got a huge tom with my Excalibur last week.
    Nice to have a Turkey tag well sitting in the deer stand

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Still busy each weekend running mentoring program, lots of people thru camp. Took a break last weekend to scout some other areas to possibly move camp, not gonna happen to much in this one location to change. Won't be hunting turkey this year and have yet to buy my deer tag (I know has to be bought before Nov, when system goes down). Grouse have been good but with the late fall, dense vegetation is having an impact on the kills. More of a spot and stalk is needed for grouse until the leaves are down.

Heading back in woods today for the weekend. Been duck/goose hunting the Jock River 2-3 times during week as well. Hunting, family and politics are all calling for my time. Life is quite busy right now..but I am still outside with gun in hand each weekend..learning, growing and enjoying my second favorite passion after politics.

Happy trails and remember to wear a lifejacket as the cooler waters are upon us when duck hunting. Stay safe and have fun!!!
    Mark Snow, Libertarian Nepean, for 2019, Chairman - Ontario Libertarian Party

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Been really busy goose hunting so far, but got out this am and got busted before i got into my favorite ambush site ...
    Rod Embree
    KMG Hunting Safaris

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

got out with the SG finally. the buck i've seen on my cam showed up and said hello to me and offered nice broadside shot. figures...

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Got out today and filled my first fall turkey tag, having schnitzel tommorow!

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockerpj View Post
    got out with the SG finally. the buck i've seen on my cam showed up and said hello to me and offered nice broadside shot. figures...
    That's why I just can't tske the shotgun. I just stick with the bow. It would drive me crazy to be out with the gun and a big buck shows up...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast