Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick little sorta back lake adventure

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Quick little sorta back lake adventure

Left the cottage bright and early this morning to see if I could get my boat and trailer down an un-maintained old logging road that touches an otherwise inaccessible lake. I bear hunt the shores of this lake and in the past have only ever gone in with the canoe on the roof of the truck.

This gives a small idea of what the road is like. This was on my way in for the spring bear hunt this year:

Pulling the trailer 6km on this road ended up taking me 1 hour and 25 minutes each way. The trailer and boat (Zodiac) are light and the trailer is a tilt affair much like a snowmobile trailer that is very versatile in the absence of a launch.

My coon hound had as much fun as i did:

Couldn't let the hound have all the fun so managed a few small walleye for lunch but really had a lot more fun pulling in 3 lunkers like this one (3-4 lbs) and countless 1-2 lb'ers that were a mixed bag of smallies and largemouth:

Pulled up on shore for lunch:

Great little lake that has about 20 miles of shoreline, lots of structure and lots of islands and almost no pressure - didn't see anyone all day.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

User Info Menu

Nice trip and unspoiled fishing...Lucky you
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I hope to God you brought a good selection of after dinner fine cheeses for that poor hound!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Nice reward for your effort. And the dogs!

Nice rig too.

Cheers,

Mark

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Very envious looks like a great adventure. One question though how the heck did your hound take that picture?
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Very envious looks like a great adventure. One question though how the heck did your hound take that picture?
    LOL. Pre-practiced spot set up for the timer. Out of all the fish caught that's the only pic that worked. Still a little fuzzy but not bad. Only took one pic per fish so they could get released in a timely manner.
    Last edited by Species8472; August 7th, 2018 at 03:50 PM.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    LOL. Pre-practiced spot set up for the timer. Out of all the fish caught that's the only pic that worked. Still a little fuzzy but not bad. Only took one pic per fish so they could get released in a timely manner.
    Way to wreck the mystery. Now on a side note that trail looks very tempting for grouse and quite possibly woodcock if you need help looking for 'em………….
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Way to wreck the mystery. Now on a side note that trail looks very tempting for grouse and quite possibly woodcock if you need help looking for 'em………….
    Flushed a few ruffies on the way in. Nothing on the way out but honestly was not really looking as most of the time had my eyes focused on obstacles ahead and behind as trailer has less clearance than my truck.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

My kind of fishing trip.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

You and me both Fox! Nicely done and great report Species
    Heeere fishy fishy fishy fishy! :fish:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast