Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moose tag transfer

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Moose tag transfer

Hi folks,

I have a question regarding moose transfer tag. I have attached the portion from regulation and also a portion of the form that you need to fill when you transfer the tag. Basically my question is : do you choose the person from your group to be the "designated alternate" ( providing that your choice is a member in the same group in pool 1 ) or the person is chosen based on the criteria " pool 1 member of the group who has gone the next longest number of consecutive years without receiving a validation tag" ?

Thank you.

Transfer form.jpgRegulations_transfer.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by biflora View Post
    Hi folks,

I have a question regarding moose transfer tag. I have attached the portion from regulation and also a portion of the form that you need to fill when you transfer the tag. Basically my question is : do you choose the person from your group to be the "designated alternate" ( providing that your choice is a member in the same group in pool 1 ) or the person is chosen based on the criteria " pool 1 member of the group who has gone the next longest number of consecutive years without receiving a validation tag" ?

Thank you.

Transfer form.jpgRegulations_transfer.jpg
    There a designated alternate for the transfer

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BPR 30-06 View Post
    There a designated alternate for the transfer
    On the game seal you will see a set of numbers, if memory is correct, it’s in the bottom right. That number is the moose licence number of the person who is the designated transferee. The transferor has to find out who in the group has that moose licence number. That is the only person that can receive the transferred tag. The transferor fills out the form and signs it. Take the form and both game seals, transferor and transferee, to a service Ont. office.
    Hope this helps....
    Last edited by rick_iles; August 7th, 2018 at 02:00 PM.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

So that tells me that you can't choose who you transfer to ......

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by biflora View Post
    So that tells me that you can't choose who you transfer to ......
    You would be correct !!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

In the event the designate can't go,they keep going down the list of the crew until they finally land on a name. We had that issue a few years ago (back when we actually got tags) when half the guys couldn't go. It all worked out,but,it was a pile of screwin' around.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Really, that's news to me, I was understanding that if the person that received the tag couldn't go the alternate is listed, and if he can't go your were out of luck!!!!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    In the event the designate can't go,they keep going down the list of the crew until they finally land on a name. We had that issue a few years ago (back when we actually got tags) when half the guys couldn't go. It all worked out,but,it was a pile of screwin' around.
    This is a good way to have a group of 20 apply for a single person to actually go hunting, have they not changed this?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    This is a good way to have a group of 20 apply for a single person to actually go hunting, have they not changed this?
    Not to my knowledge unless it's been changed since then.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Not to my knowledge unless it's been changed since then.
    I thought they were, something about all the wives and kids applying but I guess if they get their money they do not care much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast