Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Antlerless deer results

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    No again for 60,think this is now my fifth year in a row missing.
    I guess you are not a lucky one, got a tag in 60 five years in a row. So easy I applied for another wmu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Newbie question: Does a Deer License entitle you to a buck or is it only when you get lucky in the anterless deer draw (i.e. get a tag) that you have the choice between a buck or anterless? Confused about how and when does the buck come into the picture?

btw: got a tag for 43B

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hunter77 View Post
    Newbie question: Does a Deer License entitle you to a buck or is it only when you get lucky in the anterless deer draw (i.e. get a tag) that you have the choice between a buck or anterless? Confused about how and when does the buck come into the picture?

btw: got a tag for 43B
    With the purchase of the deer license you are allowed to shoot a buck. You can apply for an anterless deer in a specific WMU and if successful can shoot one deer only... A buck in any WMU that has open season or shoot a doe only in that specific WMU you applied and were successful.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    With the purchase of the deer license you are allowed to shoot a buck. You can apply for an anterless deer in a specific WMU and if successful can shoot one deer only... A buck in any WMU that has open season or shoot a doe only in that specific WMU you applied and were successful.
    Thank you for your reply!

And even if one was unsuccessful in the draw, one could still harvest a buck on account of the deer license alone (in *any* WMU).

Is this understanding correct?
    Last edited by hunter77; August 8th, 2018 at 07:01 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hunter77 View Post
    Thank you for your reply!

And even if one was unsuccessful in the draw, one could still harvest a buck on account of the deer license alone (in *any* WMU).

Is this understanding correct?
    Yes.... as long you follow rules/restrictions that might be in play in that WMU you are hunting.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

4th "unsuccessful" yr in a row for 66A.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Doe tag for 47. Not sure if I'll shoot one, until we see how the numbers are.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Successful in WMU73 for first time in 2 years.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

[COLOR=#000000]

SABMGB
    "Gilroy, what happened in 60, I hunted up that way for about 4 years in a row, this was about 10yr ago. There were extra tags and deer behind every tree it seemed like."

Not sure if there were extra tags in WMU 60 10 years ago. Here is a pic of tag info for 60 as taken from Hunting Regs since 1988, I have hunted 60 since 1983.

WMU 60 doe tags.jpg
    Last edited by 30cal4me; August 9th, 2018 at 06:14 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slmpikins View Post
    4th "unsuccessful" yr in a row for 66A.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Tough out this way but at least the deer population is coming back.

Last year we were 0 for 4 on antlerless, the one guy that got a shot at a buck needed to wait so long to prove it was a spike that he struggled with last light and iron sights. 2 years ago only my dad got drawn, he lives in SW Ontario, had a shot at a doe when he was up and we were bow hunting but things did not work out and the easy shot on a doe was when he was back home, so I got to watch a big doe at 13 yards for a half hour, ha ha. This year my wife and I both got one, she has not hunted much but got really excited when she found out last night that she was successful, last year she had a doe at 75 yards during the rifle hunt, her first ever sit on her own and it had her blood pumping.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast