Thread: Flamboroug, Hamiton area.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Flamboroug, Hamiton area.

Any of you guys hunt Cedar Springs area towards Carlisle, trying to determine how far up Cedar Springs Road I need to locate for deer hunting opportunities.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I believe on the Burlington side you need to be north of Derry Rd, and not sure of Milton or the Hamilton side.

Make sure to check local discharge by-laws, to ensure no issues.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ridger View Post
    I believe on the Burlington side you need to be north of Derry Rd, and not sure of Milton or the Hamilton side.

Make sure to check local discharge by-laws, to ensure no issues.
    Thanks Ridger

The MNR WMU maps do not have much detail for Road names and what have you so its difficult to narrow down the WMU.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I believe the area you are looking at is WMU 79, this is a tough area to hunt as there are many landowners with small acreages. I sent you a PM with more info.
    " Grant Mountain Bloodhounds Clementine Burgermeister TD, MiSAR"

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I am also in flamborough and know that it is no discharge south of 5th concession. They had a big meeting with the local municipality last year that went over the current discharge laws and pending new ones. As far as I know nothing has changed yet.

I’m not sure about the Burlington side, I know it used to be north of Hwy 5 was allowed but that is dated info and could very well be changed.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will squander all his earnings, relationships and free time.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

North of 5 in burlington you are good to go.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Yep.......crazy as it sounds north of 5 and you are good........unless you are in Alton Village then your neighbour might have an issue. I expect these rules to change very soon.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I have an 80 acre farm on Hwy 97 just west of Hwy 6 in WMU 87D. I cannot think that I remember seeing another hunter on or near that farm.