Thread: big bucks keep coming back

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Default big bucks keep coming back

we have some rain in the forecast and i can't get back out for a couple weeks so i figured i would spin out and swap the SD cards.. the one spot where i had the video of the big tall 8 pointer I called "stud" had the SD card locked so it didn't take any pics.. which ticks me off ( my error) as that site is getting hit pretty good.. my stand where i had King, is hit but no bucks since last week.. i had 54 video's of a big doe and her twin fawns hitting my site.. there were there in 2 separate occasions and stayed over 25 minutes each time.. my son had 2 big bucks that we have had numerous pics of... one is the buck he named Curly Fry.. he called him that due to his one brow tine had a pretty knarly curl to it.. well he is back and man he grew.. he is now an 11 pointer and has a kicker off each brow tine.. he will score nicely i think.. the other buck he is with is the big 8 pointer from my other site, Stud... both really nice bucks.. can't wait for season.. we are staying out for about 12 days, we will make one last trip out to trim a few branches, freshen the mineral sites with more deer 'caine .. i normally don't but it's looking a little dry so i figured hit it once more and leave it alone until opening day..

the buck on the right facing the camera is Curly Fry.. the buck with him in the background is Stud..

this is the first pic we got of Curly Fry.. he grew pretty good.

this one has Curly Fry in the back on the left and Stud is closest to the camera.. nice bucks.. i would LOVE to have my son call/ text me telling me he arrowed one of these bucks..

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I finally got a small 6 pointer on my cam and got jacked up...if I saw even one of those on Camera I'd probably pass out until opening day.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marky.mark View Post
    I finally got a small 6 pointer on my cam and got jacked up...if I saw even one of those on Camera I'd probably pass out until opening day.
    lol.. i normally don't get too excited as we don't normally get big bucks this time of year, let alone 8 big bucks... add on the fact that a majority of the bucks as well as some mature doe's are hitting these spots during daylight hours.. as nice as it is to see these bucks on the trail cameras, it sure makes it tough to stay out of the bush and makes the wait for opening day that much longer and painful... lol.. we have one more trip to the bush, in a couple weeks.. tiny alterations to the stands, just trim a couple small branches and saplings, replenish the deer 'caine for the mineral sites and freshen up all the batteries in the trail cams, then we are staying completely out of the bush for the final 4 or 5 weeks before season... that will be the hardest part i think.. normally , although we hunt opening week, we treat it more as a conditioning stint as it's been a while since we sat in stand and re-training our eyes and ears to spot and hear deer, etc... this year is different... got opening week off, in hopes of tagging one of these big bucks.. want to get as much time in stand as possible.. although we have a few big, mature doe's which we HOPE will keep some of these bucks in this bush, we realize we also run the chance of them leaving in search of the first estrous doe's... i am hoping one of our big doe's will go into estrus first and keep them , even a couple of them, here.. i will know around the middle of October, if i see or get pics of any of these bucks courting doe's.. crossing our fingers.. we started filming our hunts too, so hopefully we get some on camera... during our last sit before season ( in about 2 weeks) i will bring my camera and do some filming ... get practice with the camera and camera arm in this set up...

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Awesome bucks! Good luck this fall!

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Wenger View Post
    Awesome bucks! Good luck this fall!
    Thanks Cole....best of luck to you as well...