Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squirrel Hunting Guides?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks, I often walk my dog on two of the Halton tracts. The signs are hunting allowed during season. Getting a shotgun is not a big issue if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by RookieWild View Post
    So I just re-read the bylaws and you can bow hunt during the bows only season - but it doesn’t say you can’t hunt small game.

Shotgun is only during the controlled hunt.

So a .22 is probably a no go.

Didn’t think of this because I only bow hunt.

OP, go buy a recurve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

i have a .22 air rifle that makes squirrels fall out of trees and do the death roll. you can find them for about 80 bucks. that way if you're around alot of dog walkers in a busy area, you dont scare the crap out of any city folks with your shotgun. I did that when i lived in KW as folks would actually call the cops on hunters in a few of the public hunting tracts. just a thought if your halton tract is full of dog walkers

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default I just took a look at the halton site.

[QUOTE=RookieWild;1065993]So I just re-read the bylaws and you can bow hunt during the bows only season - but it doesn’t say you can’t hunt small game.

OP, go buy a recurve

I just took a look at the halton site. It doesn’t say in the by laws but it does say it in the area where what’s permitted, your only allowed to deer hunt and spring turkey hunt. I’m not trying to stop you to go hunting just trying to avoid you from getting in trouble. Look at the bottom of the page where it says additional information
    Last edited by tom gobble; August 16th, 2018 at 09:33 PM.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=tom gobble;1066038]
    Quote Originally Posted by RookieWild View Post
    So I just re-read the bylaws and you can bow hunt during the bows only season - but it doesn’t say you can’t hunt small game.

OP, go buy a recurve

I just took a look at the halton site. It doesn’t say in the by laws but it does say it in the area where what’s permitted, your only allowed to deer hunt and spring turkey hunt. I’m not trying to stop you to go hunting just trying to avoid you from getting in trouble. Look at the bottom of the page where it says additional information
    Thanks, the Halton tracts are out as an option.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123