Thread: Getting ready for duck hunting- got a surprise!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Getting ready for duck hunting- got a surprise!

I moved a bunch of skids in preparation for a blind build with a buddy of mine on Monday. On the way into the property I stopped and talked to the owners of the property and caught up a bit with what was new. I confirmed that they were still good with us building the blind. The deal is that we let them use the blind for the opener and whenever they want. We do most of our hunting there later.
    So I go back and check out the creek and the water is way down. I guess we値l have to build closer to the creek.
    while I was there I checked the Wood Duck boxes I put up with my buddy Randy. It was a bit of a trek walking through the shoulder high saw grass and crossing over hidden branches and fallen trees.

The first one had not been used . I open up the second one and I can see that it has been used and the next thing I know I知 getting stung! It would have been a great video watching me trying to get away from those stinging wasps! Falling down, tripping over trees and getting my arms chewed up by the saw grass! When I was finally a safe distance away, I could see the little buggers nest on the roof of the box.

I left the box open hoping that some Raccoon or other creature invaded the box to eat the wasps.
    Yet another fun day in the outdoors!!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JMatthews View Post
    I moved a bunch of skids in preparation for a blind build with a buddy of mine on Monday. On the way into the property I stopped and talked to the owners of the property and caught up a bit with what was new. I confirmed that they were still good with us building the blind. The deal is that we let them use the blind for the opener and whenever they want. We do most of our hunting there later.
    So I go back and check out the creek and the water is way down. I guess we値l have to build closer to the creek.
    while I was there I checked the Wood Duck boxes I put up with my buddy Randy. It was a bit of a trek walking through the shoulder high saw grass and crossing over hidden branches and fallen trees.

The first one had not been used . I open up the second one and I can see that it has been used and the next thing I know I知 getting stung! It would have been a great video watching me trying to get away from those stinging wasps! Falling down, tripping over trees and getting my arms chewed up by the saw grass! When I was finally a safe distance away, I could see the little buggers nest on the roof of the box.

I left the box open hoping that some Raccoon or other creature invaded the box to eat the wasps.
    Yet another fun day in the outdoors!!
    too funny. yes where i had my blind this spring a big wasp nest developed. i'll move!!!