Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CVA Muzzleloaders and Cabelas / Bass Pro

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default CVA Muzzleloaders and Cabelas / Bass Pro

Hi folks,

This is my first post in the OOD forums as I am new to hunting at a mere 52 years of age. I wasn't sure if this question belonged in the muzzleloader or this firearm forum, but as the question is regards the availability of a firearm I thought I would try here first.

Does anyone know why Cabelas and Bass Pro here in Canada no longer carries the CVA brand muzzleloaders? I noticed back in the winter Cabelas had the CVA Optima and Accura amongst others. Now they only carry Traditions and one model of Thompson Center. I had been thinking of getting a CVA Optima V2 as a starter black powder gun because of the value. Now I am concerned / paranoid that if Cabelas and Bass Pro stopped carrying them there is something to the online rumor mill about safety and the CVA brand. I can still get CVA at Canadian Tire or other independent shops so what is with Cabelas and Bass Pro dropping them?

Thanks in advance for any intel you may provide.

Andrew

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum and hunting .I have no idea why Cabelas dropped the CVA brand but my son has had an optima for a number of years and has had no issues with it. Seems to be good value for the money. Cheers B525
    Last edited by B525; August 20th, 2018 at 01:52 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have a CVA wolf and it performs really well, picked mine up at SAIL. Maybe the profit margin is more on the other brands?
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks B525 and Fratri,

Reassuring to hear from owners. I thought profit margin might have been a factor too.

Thanks again.

Andrew

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I have a cva optima v2 and I am very happy with it. Sail carries cva and when I was there last they told me cva is the only muzzle loader with service in Canada. All of the other brands have to be sent to the USA for warranty work.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I hope there aren't any issues. I got an optima and a buddy got the accura, both with nitride barrels for the upcoming black powder season. Havent been able to shoot mine yet.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks Useless,

Appreciate a Canadian warranty on a firearm. Pretty rare these days. I saw Epps carries the Wolf.

Andrew

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I was very happy with my CVA wolf.shot better then my Tc triumph.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

My buddy has a wolf. For the price you really cannot go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by coxwit View Post
    Thanks Useless,

Appreciate a Canadian warranty on a firearm. Pretty rare these days. I saw Epps carries the Wolf.

Andrew

Just starting out

User Info Menu

It's good to hear so many positives about them. Their website and you tube videos seem very professional and yet they maintain these very competitive prices. Oh well I guess it is Cabelas and Bass Pros lost and my gain to get a CVA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast