Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CVA Muzzleloaders and Cabelas / Bass Pro

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I have no experience with CVA but I do know that the Bass Pro in Niagara no longer carries any black powder arms or accessories due to low volume of sales..................................Daniel

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I’ve seen some very good deals on CVA guns in the States at Bass Pro..

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Iíve seen some very good deals on CVA guns in the States at Bass Pro..
    I was figuring that the takeover of Cabelas by Bass Pro would mean inventory changes at Cabelas. That's too bad they still don't have them here north of the border.

I live part way between Vaughhan Bass Pro and Barrie Cabelas so either one would do but I guess Epps or Canadian Tire can have my money instead.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Gobles in London has the Wolf on for $249 starting Thursday. Not sure how that compares with other shops but it seems like a very inexpensive way to get into muzzleloading.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by benjhind View Post
    Gobles in London has the Wolf on for $249 starting Thursday. Not sure how that compares with other shops but it seems like a very inexpensive way to get into muzzleloading.
    That's a good price as Epps is $264 for the wolf. On holidays in Eastern Ontario right now and Brockville Canadian Tire has the Optima V2 Stainless in a kit https://cva.com/product/optima-v2-st...essory-outfit/ and it is only $499 regular price debating whether to pick it up before heading home.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

just a side note to this thread, I was in bass pro at Vaughan mills buying a vortex with a buddy last week. BP was 100 dollars more then cabelas for the same model. Bass Pro price matched no problem. Just show them a picture with the price on it and they wont hesitate at all.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coxwit View Post
    That's a good price as Epps is $264 for the wolf. On holidays in Eastern Ontario right now and Brockville Canadian Tire has the Optima V2 Stainless in a kit https://cva.com/product/optima-v2-st...essory-outfit/ and it is only $499 regular price debating whether to pick it up before heading home.

Same gun minus the kit is $409 at LHRG plus another 10% off for sale starting Friday. Price same whether you want open sights or no sights and scope mount. That saves you $130 to add a scope or accessories.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I just ordered and received a CVA Optima from Cabela's within the last couple of weeks. They were in stock in Ottawa this June when I stopped in.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I was at SAIL Burlington yesterday..... They have the CVA Wolf package for $299+ tax... Gun, rings/scope, gun case and I think a sling too... Not a bad deal if you ask me.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

My biggest concern Frank would be whether the scope could handle the recoil.

Thatís often the problem I see at the range.

I remember blowing up two Trophy DOA 250 3-9 muzzleloader scopes in one range session. There are certain scopes that just wonít take it. On the other hand had I used a standard trophy 3-9, I likely would have had no issues.

The other one I canít stand is the trophy 1.5-6 that are often in combo kits. Absolute junk. Donít know why but it must have something to do with how they are assembled.

Keep in in mind I am a Bushnell fan and have had zero problems with the rest of the trophy line - just those two....
    Last edited by Big Jack; August 22nd, 2018 at 04:05 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast