Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting Emily Creek/Lake

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

ADVERTISEMENT
    I haven't been in there recently, but it used to be clearly posted on a big wooden sign where the creek joins it at the western end. It's actually a unique piece of land, as I was told they own the surface water rights (patent deeded land prior to flooding by trent-Severn waterway when the dam was constructed in Bobcaygeon). It's completely private. You can't legally access it by land or water.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smokin'stoegie View Post
    At the risk of starting an argument you are incorrect in that assumption.
    Unfortunately the Ontario Trespass to Property Act says differently.

Notwithstanding a number of exemptions (properties under agriculture , properties that contain buildings and/or residences, properties that are fenced in or designed to keep people and/or activities out and a few others) all other properties require adequate posting indicating what is allowed and what isn't.
    The only recourse , if it wasn't signed, is the property owner or agent of the owner advising people to depart immediately.

I personally wouldn"t enter on anyone's property without permission unless I was certain it was Crown land however as unfortunate as it may seem that is the law in Ontario in regards to property.
    FENCED

All the farm land around where I started is fenced, they may be old fences but they are all fenced, which defines the property line.

If you accidentally go on to private property and you are told then leave, do not come back and do it again and again.

Not looking it up, crossing fences and going through gates, this is why we are losing so much of our hunting land.

Using the letter of the law rather than the intent of the law is a good way to get land closed to all hunters.

Sorry, that seems really harsh and directed to you, I read the last line, it is not you doing it and I appreciate that, but it steams me so much when people just go on land and hunt without any consideration for the owners or the land.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fenelon View Post
    I haven't been in there recently, but it used to be clearly posted on a big wooden sign where the creek joins it at the western end. It's actually a unique piece of land, as I was told they own the surface water rights (patent deeded land prior to flooding by trent-Severn waterway when the dam was constructed in Bobcaygeon). It's completely private. You can't legally access it by land or water.
    Fenelon you are 100% correct. I was a member of said property for many years. It is clearly posted and baited areas are completely posted. Club started in 1932.
    There are similar situations throughout the province As an example I have a number of marsh lots that the land beneath the water is deeded...water lots that was originally intended as a cranberry marsh. In this marsh you can not hunt land or water...it is clearly posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12