View Poll Results: Do you hunt over bait for deer?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 56.18%
  • No

39 43.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polling our readers - 2018-2019 Hunting Annual

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Question Polling our readers - 2018-2019 Hunting Annual

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Has anyone tried C'Mere Deer dry mix?
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

No. Not a morality thing for more a cost thing. Although perhaps defining bait is good. I'm in Southern Ontario and a lot of what I hunt is field edge. So maybe I do hunt over bait....

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

With CWD on our doorstep, I think the option of baiting deer won't be around for very much longer. I don't hunt over bait, but I do enjoy utilizing mineral sites in the spring/summer to fill SD cards, for now.
    Last edited by LowbanksArcher; August 22nd, 2018 at 11:58 AM.
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    With CWD on our doorstep, I think the option of baiting deer won't be around for very much longer. I don't hunt over bait, but I do enjoy utilizing mineral sites in the spring/summer to fill SD cards, for now.
    Use of animal attractants from live animals (deer urine,scent glands) is already illegal. That's what prompted my question about the powdered artificial attractants.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Right, but unfortunately still legal to sell. My point was that bait sites are areas where an infected animal will spread infectious agents and promote the spread of the disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Use of animal attractants from live animals (deer urine,scent glands) is already illegal. That's what prompted my question about the powdered artificial attractants.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

During the bow hunt I hunt over looking a couple of apple trees on a small meadow so kind of like bait.. during the rifle hunt we use hounds that livin up the deer woods. Big woods hunting with hounds is truly a special time.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Right, but unfortunately still legal to sell. My point was that bait sites are areas where an infected animal will spread infectious agents and promote the spread of the disease.
    Nonsense. Most deer up north spend months in winter yards living on top of each other chewing the same sparse food sources.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by terrym View Post
    Nonsense. Most deer up north spend months in winter yards living on top of each other chewing the same sparse food sources.
    http://cwd-info.org/chronic-wasting-...-feeding-deer/

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That article is ancient,it's 15 years old. A lot more info has been forwarded since then. If any of that was true,our winter deer yards would have been wiped out,years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast