Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your plans for this season?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

ADVERTISEMENT
    Plans ! hmm I can make them but as the old saying goes ;

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men, Often Go Awry !

So I just play it by ear as the days come then go , but I did get my moose license, group did get a " bull tag " and I did apply for the controlled deer hunt.
    Then in Jan. of next year , knee replacement surgery, the other knee .

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

First season hunting in Ontario, but I hope to get out for goose, duck, turkey and upland. My 10yo son is looking forward to getting out for upland as time goes on.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kickingfrog View Post
    Should get my sons hockey schedule soon. I can start spitballing some time in the grouse woods then. My daughter is 6 and she's been talking about coming along for a trip. I remember how noisy my son was the first couple of years he came along. The difference is that it was his big rubber boots clunking along the trail. The only time my daughter isn't talking it's because she's eating or sleeping. She also talks about 20 decibels higher then anyone else in the room so it might be a real adventure. May be the safest year ever for the birds.
    Enjoy the time with the kids. I did this with my kids and now looking forward with time with my 5 year old grandson . Watching them and listening to them discover the outdoors is more rewarding . A couple of birds would be a bonus for a fun day .

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by welsh View Post

My inexplicable ongoing failure to win the lottery & join the idle rich is throwing a cramp in my hunting plans.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I have similar problems. I do believe I would be benevolent to the common folk, but can't make any promises.
    Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening.

Dorothy Sarnoff

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smokin'stoegie View Post
    Time flies Dilly. Don't know where 10 years went.
    I'm sure he's got some more gas in the tank.
    Seems like yesterday he was at Casey’s farm chasing cats....poor cats...

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

For me this year, I will be running my 5th Season of free mentoring program all fall. It is has been a great success so far and is growing each year. This year, already I have 8 new hunters ready for opening day (of duck), plus I have been in Talks with Foraging Ottawa (Wild Edibles Group), to come and offer classes as part of my wild edibles awareness I teach during hunting season.

Will be doing my first mentoring on Bear Hunt this year, as I know of three dens so far. That should be interesting.

It is truly rewarding to see a new hunter connect with his/hers (yes 8 women thru camp last year) first game. Some are not sure about the killing part and if they can do it. But, I think what happens is all preparations, and efforts justifies it in the end. I also get them to cook and clean what they have killed to finish the cycle and reward.

Gonna spend some on catching pond food like crafish..which the ponds have plenty of large ones with no real predators. Never really thought much about pond food last year, until one day a couple of 10" catfish popped up dead on the surface.
    Mark Snow, Libertarian Nepean, for 2019, Chairman - Ontario Libertarian Party

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234