Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waterfowl Stamps

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Waterfowl Stamps

ADVERTISEMENT
    I now have TWO waterfowl stamps, which means I have a collection. No idea what to do with them. What are you all doing with your stamps?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Odd that you have two. When you buy your lic online and print it, it is not valid until you put the actual stamp onto the lic. I received my Waterfowl stamp about 1 1/2 weeks after my online purchase.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

So far got some 35 sitting in a drawer waiting for the wife to get around to doing some scrap booking.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Got one from last year and this year, buddy!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JMatthews View Post
    Odd that you have two. When you buy your lic online and print it, it is not valid until you put the actual stamp onto the lic. I received my Waterfowl stamp about 1 1/2 weeks after my online purchase.
    Not entirely true. If you buy online, all you need to do is print and sign the license to be ready to go. You don't need to wait for a stamp to arrive in the mail. Getting the physical stamp is optional.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Absolutely true. Once purchased online and printed you and signed; you are valid and legal to hunt

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I guess I'm just old fashioned . I like the tradition of going to the post office and buying my stamp/permit. As for how many I have stashed ? I think I missed two years when I lived out on the west coast otherwise got em all since they came out back in 1985.
    Good Luck & Good Hunting !

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longpointer View Post
    I guess I'm just old fashioned . I like the tradition of going to the post office and buying my stamp/permit. As for how many I have stashed ? I think I missed two years when I lived out on the west coast otherwise got em all since they came out back in 1985.
    What dates you missing might have extra to complete your set got to be worth something on the collectors market.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

So I purchased my migratory bird license last week and was asked by the clerk to see my hunting license. I was informed that he couldn't sell me a license unless I had a hunting license. It was a new policy. Has anyone else come across this? I have been buying ducks stamps for years and this has never come up. I asked why and was told that some kids were buying stamps (which makes zero sense). I then asked what if I didn't have a hunting license and the clerk told me that he couldn't sell me a migratory bird license. I said what if I wanted to collect them and he told me he couldn't sell it to me unless I had a hunting license.

I took out my outdoors card. He looked at the front (didn't validate if my small game license was valid or not) and handed the card back to me. I wonder what the rational behind this was and if this is a province or country wide policy or was he just blowing smoke.

Dyth

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dythbringer View Post
    So I purchased my migratory bird license last week and was asked by the clerk to see my hunting license. I was informed that he couldn't sell me a license unless I had a hunting license. It was a new policy. Has anyone else come across this? I have been buying ducks stamps for years and this has never come up. I asked why and was told that some kids were buying stamps (which makes zero sense). I then asked what if I didn't have a hunting license and the clerk told me that he couldn't sell me a migratory bird license. I said what if I wanted to collect them and he told me he couldn't sell it to me unless I had a hunting license.

I took out my outdoors card. He looked at the front (didn't validate if my small game license was valid or not) and handed the card back to me. I wonder what the rational behind this was and if this is a province or country wide policy or was he just blowing smoke.

Dyth
    Blowing smoke...bought mine this year and had all my info out and the lady only wanted to see my DL for id and address.

What post office was that at?
    Sic Gorgia Mus Allos Subjectatos Nunc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast