Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterfowl Stamps

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by Dythbringer View Post
    So I purchased my migratory bird license last week and was asked by the clerk to see my hunting license. I was informed that he couldn't sell me a license unless I had a hunting license. It was a new policy. Has anyone else come across this? I have been buying ducks stamps for years and this has never come up. I asked why and was told that some kids were buying stamps (which makes zero sense). I then asked what if I didn't have a hunting license and the clerk told me that he couldn't sell me a migratory bird license. I said what if I wanted to collect them and he told me he couldn't sell it to me unless I had a hunting license.

I took out my outdoors card. He looked at the front (didn't validate if my small game license was valid or not) and handed the card back to me. I wonder what the rational behind this was and if this is a province or country wide policy or was he just blowing smoke.

Dyth
    Was this at the post office or an outlet?
    Suspect this was an outlet as explained to me their training is received online and sometimes they just don't get it right. Best thing to do is to call the post office they'll send a supervisor to straighten them out might not help you out but it'll help the next guy. Had to do it once before when my local outlet insisted on cancelling the stamp instead of the area marked postal stamp here.
    Now it may also just be a policy as when I purchased my permit the clerk informed me they received limited permits this year about half the usual so it may be an effort to get them in the hands of hunters preferentially. On a side note always felt purchase of the permit should come with the verification of small game license.
    Last edited by finsfurfeathers; September 11th, 2018 at 09:22 AM.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I give mine away if someone wants them. I probably should have kept them all, as I have never missed a year. I'd have like 48 of them by now.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Was this at the post office or an outlet?
    Suspect this was an outlet as explained to me their training is received online and sometimes they just don't get it right. Best thing to do is to call the post office they'll send a supervisor to straighten them out might not help you out but it'll help the next guy. Had to do it once before when my local outlet insisted on cancelling the stamp instead of the area marked postal stamp here.
    Now it may also just be a policy as when I purchased my permit the clerk informed me they received limited permits this year about half the usual so it may be an effort to get them in the hands of hunters preferentially. On a side note always felt purchase of the permit should come with the verification of small game license.
    It was a Canada Post inside a Shopper's Drug Mart so I suppose it would be an outlet. I will call CP and let them know.

About your point per verification, I don't think a verification is needed. There are plenty of people buy this license for reasons other than hunting. As an effort to get them into the hands of hunters, the reason I was given was that last year some kids bought the stamps and got into trouble (not sure why that had any bearing about the point of sale) so they brought in this policy to stop that. The bullcrap radar pinged on that one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dythbringer View Post
    It was a Canada Post inside a Shopper's Drug Mart so I suppose it would be an outlet. I will call CP and let them know.

About your point per verification, I don't think a verification is needed. There are plenty of people buy this license for reasons other than hunting. As an effort to get them into the hands of hunters, the reason I was given was that last year some kids bought the stamps and got into trouble (not sure why that had any bearing about the point of sale) so they brought in this policy to stop that. The bullcrap radar pinged on that one.
    Thought it was implied you don't need to show your hunting license to buy the permit.
    Just my opinion a query for the reason of purchase by the clerk is it for collection or hunting not a bad idea. If its to go hunting show an appropriated small game.
    Kind of like the questions asked on the permit
    Did you hunt migratory last year?
    Did you buy a permit?
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Bought in person at Post office, have a little 5 yrs old stamp collection collecting dust in cabinet.
    Mark Snow, Libertarian Nepean, for 2019, Chairman - Ontario Libertarian Party

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Thought it was implied you don't need to show your hunting license to buy the permit.
    Just my opinion a query for the reason of purchase by the clerk is it for collection or hunting not a bad idea. If its to go hunting show an appropriated small game.
    Kind of like the questions asked on the permit
    Did you hunt migratory last year?
    Did you buy a permit?
    I got that implication and from your post I took that in your opinion a small game hunting license validation is a good idea. I am disagreeing with your opinion and giving a reason why I don't think a validation is necessary.

User Info Menu

I picked my stamp up yesterday at the post office. No questions asked in and out in two minutes. He told me to fill it out when I got home and mail it in.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dutchhunter View Post
    I picked my stamp up yesterday at the post office. No questions asked in and out in two minutes. He told me to fill it out when I got home and mail it in.
    I picked mine up today. The clerk filled out all the questions on the main copy,stamped it,separated the copies and handed the rest to me. Debit card,easy peasy.
    Sometimes,Karma sends an ex back into your life to see if you're still stupid.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    I picked mine up today. The clerk filled out all the questions on the main copy,stamped it,separated the copies and handed the rest to me. Debit card,easy peasy.
    This ^^^^^^ but I picked mine up last week, very nice lady, filled it out for me too
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12