Thread: *** APPROVED FOR USE IN CANADA *** Garmin's NEW Astro 900 Tracking System

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default *** APPROVED FOR USE IN CANADA *** Garmin's NEW Astro 900 Tracking System

Garmin's new Astro 900 Tracking System uses 900 MHz FHSS allowing for legal operation in Canada and the US.

The Astro 900, the GPS and GLONASS tracking system for sporting dogs, lets you know where your dogs are and what they're doing. Astro can track up to 20 dogs and pairs with T9 dog devices for a range of up to 5 miles (8 km). The 2.5 second update rate provides faster location tracking when dogs are on the run. Intuitive and easy to use the Astro 900 features a vibrant 2.6" display, preloaded TOPO U.S. and southern Canadian mapping.

I understand these will be available here in Ontario at DCR.
    Last edited by Dakota Creek; August 29th, 2018 at 06:17 AM.
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UHCH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (500 pt clubs), HRCH-UHCH GMHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH, HRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH, HR UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug SH WC, HR-UH Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

it's about time!
    Last edited by thunderbelly; August 30th, 2018 at 05:02 PM.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Congratulations to Garmin for building the Astro 900. They built a unit with a different frequency , outside of the MURS frequencies. Apparently they are legal in Canada. Would appear to have less range than the TT15 collars.
    Guess who just bought an Alpha, haven't had it one week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This unit is not compatible with the Astro or Alphas.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Can I put these on my kids? LOL.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yes, I was reading up on that on "the gundog forum". Wonderful news.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Anyone try the sportdog tek 2.0? They seem to be available in Canada. Any good?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I wonder how the signal range will be compared to the current astro/alpha

If anyone buys one and wants to sell an Astro 320 or 220 Let me know
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The 900 series apparently only 2/3 range of Astros & Alphas. I'm not selling my Astro.
    I’m suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn't like a person.