Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Bear Hunt

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Great read ... thanks for posting ... and congrat's on the fine bear!
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Way to go!! We are up @ Bear camp now and only seeing Sows with cubs. No Lone Boars or dry sows yet..

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I think your bear is actually pretty decent from the stats I have read. There are definitely 400 lb, 500 lb or even bigger bears out there. But they say most bears shot average around 200-250. It is like bucks, there are mature bucks and there are monster bucks. Most of us are content with a mature animal. So congrats on your bear and your shot.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

WTG++>>>>>
    It isn,t how you do it,its how you did it

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Congrats on a nice bear! Sounds like you had a great trip
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Congrats, would like to try that someday.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KennyT View Post
    I think your bear is actually pretty decent from the stats I have read. There are definitely 400 lb, 500 lb or even bigger bears out there. But they say most bears shot average around 200-250. It is like bucks, there are mature bucks and there are monster bucks. Most of us are content with a mature animal. So congrats on your bear and your shot.
    I wish that was the truth as I believe the average bear taken is much closer to 150 lbs. at best. Bear hunters would make good fishermen when it comes to size estimates. But regardless, any bear or game animal should be regarded as a trophy no matter what size it is.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    I wish that was the truth as I believe the average bear taken is much closer to 150 lbs. at best. Bear hunters would make good fishermen when it comes to size estimates. But regardless, any bear or game animal should be regarded as a trophy no matter what size it is.
    you are actually 100% correct, most bears harvested are in the 1 1/2 - 3 year old range, averaging 150-175, at least that is what I am being told.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post
    Way to go!! We are up @ Bear camp now and only seeing Sows with cubs. No Lone Boars or dry sows yet..
    Good luck, be patient and they will come, I was very lucky to have mine come in so early,

where are you hunting

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

at bear camp now... sow and cubs everywhere.... We're eliminating them. we have big hughie back. he's been with us for 3 yrs he's 600 and is the target bear we finally had a couple 300lbers show up but weather is hot and humid so we're waiting till Thursday for our first sit. can't make a mistake on the larger ones

nothing is guaranteed BUT gotta use you head in this game
    If you keep doing what you've always done. You'll keep getting what you've always got!
    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast