Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Butcher in Hearst area

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Butcher in Hearst area

Hi

We are going up Moose hunting to Hearst area end of September,and looking for a butcher who would have a cooler to store meat(if we are successful )or even to process the meat.
    Any experience or advice would be appreciated.

Thank You

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Not sure if it helps or not but after Google the location these two came up won't hurt to give them a callScreenshot_20180829-190413_Samsung Internet.jpg

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Thank You SP...will see them

GBK

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    Hi

We are going up Moose hunting to Hearst area end of September,and looking for a butcher who would have a cooler to store meat(if we are successful )or even to process the meat.
    Any experience or advice would be appreciated.

Thank You
    Dude, it is Hearst.
    About as far away by road as you can get to anything called The End of No Where in Ontario.
    Plan for Zero services.
    Bring everything you need.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    Dude, it is Hearst.
    About as far away by road as you can get to anything called The End of No Where in Ontario.
    Plan for Zero services.
    Bring everything you need.
    Pretty much sums it up? If they pay any attention to this site, they will see others asking for advice about warm weather, butchers, etc. on other threads? As you say, bring everything you need, it's Northern Ontario?
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Hearst is only a 12 hour drive from the GTA. They are a fairly well equipped community , grocery stores, Crappy Tire etc. I would call one of the grocery stores and ask to speak to the meat department. Likely one of their butchers will cut and wrap moose or will be able to recommend somebody local. Hope you are successful and this works out for you. Cheers B525

Apprentice

User Info Menu

B 525 i really appreciate your sound ,and true input.Cheers

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

We had excellent service in Hearst a few years ago with i think the name was " Mikey's" Cooler was just outside hearst maybe 5-6 kms and their cutting and wrapping was perfect. I will try to look up further info.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Thank You bogey63,appreciate it.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Hearst is a beautiful little community with great friendly people and with most everything you will ever need.
    I remember there was a few butchers around but itís been a while. Iím sure you will find something.
    If your really hungry, make sure you try the awesome souvlaki at Johnís.
    Enjoy the Northern hospitality.
    Good Luck
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast