Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Letter to Canadian Tire

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default Open Letter to Canadian Tire

ADVERTISEMENT
    Dear Canadian Tire owner.

While I enjoy buying your ammo as you have what I need when some other suppliers do not, I am surprised by your requirement to document my name and address in a binder which gets stored in a non secure location. It makes me think twice about buying your ammo again.

Thank you.
    " Grant Mountain Bloodhounds Clementine Burgermeister TD, MiSAR"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Not just that the young irresponsible employe left the binder on the counter .....

I had to remind him to put it away ....

Firearm wise Unlicensed employe handling the ammunition ......

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post

While I enjoy buying your ammo as you have what I need when some other suppliers do not, I am surprised by your requirement to document my name and address in a binder which gets stored in a non secure location. It makes me think twice about buying your ammo again.

Thank you.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Can someone tell me if the documentation of ammunition sales is mandated by law?, or is just required by store policy. Also does the store employee require a PAL. to sell ammunition? Just wondering.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygeezer View Post
    Can someone tell me if the documentation of ammunition sales is mandated by law?, or is just required by store policy. Also does the store employee require a PAL. to sell ammunition? Just wondering.
    No! Yes!
    .......YES!.

If the Employee has the key( Access and Control) to the case/cabinet containing the firearms and/or ammo they must possess a VAILD Firearms License for the class of firearm they can accessed.

No PAL or RPAL means that an UNLICENSED person has access and control of Firearms while not supervised by a licensed person. I may be licensed but I am not in the postion supervision over the Employee.
    Sic Gorgia Mus Allos Subjectatos Nunc.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygeezer View Post
    Could be unless this has been repealed.

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/94a20

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post

Thank you.
    They don't care that you don't like giving your information. I give Canadian tire a fake address when I buy ammo from there.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

If the Employee has the key( Access and Control) to the case/cabinet containing the firearms and/or ammo they must possess a VAILD Firearms License for the class of firearm they can accessed.

No PAL or RPAL means that an UNLICENSED person has access and control of Firearms while not supervised by a licensed person. I may be licensed but I am not in the postion supervision over the Employee.[/QUOTE]
    I know that all the employees handling guns and ammunition in the Welland store have PALs because I have run 4 courses in the store for their employees over the past few years.
    the store has a neat gun setup, as they built a log cabin inside the sports section just for displaying guns.
    Last edited by genec; September 1st, 2018 at 06:55 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Our local CT and TSC Store only record the SKU#,PAL/RPAL #and date of purchase in their log book which is kept secured with access by only an assistant manager,manager or full time senior employee who have PAL's. They will check the photo on the card with the customer to ensure accuracy,easy-peasy.
    Sometimes,Karma sends an ex back into your life to see if you're still stupid.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

My local CT asks for my PAL but doesn't record anything.
    I do suspect that their employees lack PAL's.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Employees do not need a PAL to handle or sell ammo but they do need to be over 18. They are required in Ontario to record the sale but I find their info storage and security appalling.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Rob

CSSA/CFFR/OFAH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast