Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage conversion

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by overtheir View Post
    actually thats probally the best load i can use with that type of powder it is at it near max limit I dont like pushing the envolpe when I reload or do this , The sabot is the weak point in this toy I could go sabotless but I would have to full form or smooth form the projectiles and move up to a true 45 cal projectile , which is not out of the question I had to take a step back and look at what the longest shot I would take 300 yrds i would be comfortable with no kore than that do to my abilities
    Nice build!

Smokeeter is is a man in the know.

All I can say is make the plunge to sabotless and watch your groups drop. Full Form is best IMO.

I will also point out that sabotted shooting to 300 that is repeatable every time you go out in the field is something I have yet to witness. As you pointed out the sabot is the issue.

Sabotless takes care care of that problem.

Presumeably you have gone with a small shank barrel - you know you have to watch your loads right? Or did you go nutless with the 1.25” barrel tenon?

That is now an option but a gunny needs to do the headspace.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Hi I went with a small shank with nut and I m very carefull on load data with these firearms I dont like to push the envolpe I like my fingers where they are I was thinking of the Sabotless way know that I see what this gun will do with sabots my curosity is peaking I may have to have someone form some for me . Also Im waiting for the cooler weather to come I find with this humidity and temps its changes things alot . Also thanks for the compliant on the build.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

They will need your gun as even though Brux are incredibly consistent, small differences do exist. You are a ways from me but if you make the trip with your gun I’ll give you a hand.

When you full form those weather conditions have little to no effect.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

ThanKS for the offer may take u up on it

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Last season out our group of 4 I was the only one using a smokeless gun (Savage 10ML ii). This season 3 out of 4 will be using the Savage 10ML ii.

I believe have corrupted the group...lol

I predict member #4 will soon upgrade as well...

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I tueley believe it is the way to go also not taking anything away from the traditional muzzle loader and the people who use them as with anything that progress over time why not take advantage of it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12