Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Savage conversion

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Savage conversion

Well I took the plunge to smokeless the firearm is a savage model 11 in 308 used a 45cal brux barrel and a bolt nose conversion for 209 primers and a second hand boyds stock . I would like to thank smokeeter for all his help and knowledge regarding this conversion. So I was using 40 cal.sst knurled to .402 with a blue harvesters sabot and reloader 7 as my charge the target was 200yrds at a range I was shooting for group the first shot was pulled by me it slipped in the rest the others it was held firm.Again thanks for help smokeeter 20180902_163216.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

20180902_163408.jpg sorry this should be with above post

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Nice looking rig. So it’s muzzle loader now?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Yes it is a muzzle loader no mag all loading is done through the muzzle the barrel is designed for smokless powder and the load I use is safe in my gun and thanks for the compliment on the rig

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Your shooting 40cal sabot at what FPS. I wondering how much energy. Is it deer only or moose beat to.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Not sure what speed going to chronoy this week and yes for deer ,moose from what Y have read it will work

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Real nice conversion, and you just begun working up a load and grouping like that, when they start going thru the same hole you'll think you missed the target...lol

Apprentice

User Info Menu

actually thats probally the best load i can use with that type of powder it is at it near max limit I dont like pushing the envolpe when I reload or do this , The sabot is the weak point in this toy I could go sabotless but I would have to full form or smooth form the projectiles and move up to a true 45 cal projectile , which is not out of the question I had to take a step back and look at what the longest shot I would take 300 yrds i would be comfortable with no kore than that do to my abilities

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Looks great!

What scope is that?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Nikon monarch 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast