Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why I hate Pike

Member for Life

User Info Menu

ADVERTISEMENT
    OMG we let 70 year old people outside?? I keep telling my 71 year old parents I'm going to put them in a home if there not back in their condo by 6 pm. Are you people allowed out that late, don't we have some sort of curfew?

Quote Originally Posted by rossh View Post
    For me (70) getting older is not a problem . I still to the same stupid things only slower . Lol Rock On
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    OMG we let 70 year old people outside?? I keep telling my 71 year old parents I'm going to put them in a home if there not back in their condo by 6 pm. Are you people allowed out that late, don't we have some sort of curfew?
    Don't forget, there are 70 year old's and older that will put you to shame!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Far and few between there are always exceptions. I keep telling the old man I'm going to put him and mom in a home. At age 71 they should be sitting in a seniors home drooling. He should give me my inheritance now so I can use he's to old.

Heck If I wanst married I would have a 30 year old girl friend.

The hours I put in worrying when my parents are not home by 6 PM I should be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Don't forget, there are 70 year old's and older that will put you to shame!
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The Mrs had a small largemouth bury a treble in here hand this year, and since then Ive invested in a pair of grippers for holding fish while working on them.

Im kinda wondering why I went 33 years without them at this point. Between these and a pair of pliers my fingers feel much safer

Member for Life

User Info Menu

LOL My goodness Ken. I still have the big finger scar from a hook .... on the pier at Port Stanley age 7.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I'm only a few years shy of you. that was a good read. I think I got the same fish you got earlier this year. I was using a worm harness. Like you I was trying to be a nice guy, one kick and the hook that wasn't in the pike was through my finger. I was by myself and that was a real piece of work, one hand holding the fish the other tied to it 2" away. So I know your pain and that was my first imbedded hook in all my years of fishing too.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

That is the commonest scenario for being hooked
    Small slimer/pike.
    Rapala style lure.
    Barbed hooks.
    Also, usually, it is a tourist on their first day or two a week long fishing holiday.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Far and few between there are always exceptions. I keep telling the old man I'm going to put him and mom in a home. At age 71 they should be sitting in a seniors home drooling. He should give me my inheritance now so I can use he's to old.

Heck If I wanst married I would have a 30 year old girl friend.

The hours I put in worrying when my parents are not home by 6 PM I should be paid.
    Not really my dad died last year at 102 and mum at 97, both active up until 4 years before their dead. I am in my early 60,s and can still run a 5k in 23 odd minutes.Whats your time for a 5k run GW, and I dont mean in your car.LOL

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Great story and some interesting comments. I, on the other hand, imbed hooks in myself pretty regularly. Only a few times past the barb, but many others right to its limit. Did it last night organizing tackle...and I was sober! But I file most of my hooks to be extra sharp and also love Rapala style lures. Which someone accurately noted are a recipe for a poke or two.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Always fished pike with a single barbless( barb removed) hook(s), with two bends on each side of the gap. Hook can not lay flat, and the point gets driven into the jaw by the fish biting on the lure.

You can catch and release till your arm is sore.
    Sic Gorgia Mus Allos Subjectatos Nunc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast