Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canadian Tire Stores for Firearms which CT store in Ontario do you like best for gun shopping?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by terrym View Post
    I wouldn't buy a gun at CTC regardless of assortment. I rather support a regional gunshop like Epps or Gagnon's.
    I get what you are saying, I like to support the local shop, The Old Coop in North Gower, but at the same time the Canadian Tire stores are independently owned, the Kemptville store put in a hunting/fishing shop due to the interest in the area and they are one of the best around, they will order in special order and some, not all, have a clue as to what they are talking about. It is not as good as the tiny shops but our local one at least is still a heck of a lot better than Cabelas for keeping the money here and supporting the community.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Alliston gun cabinet was looking oddly bare last weekend when I was there. Maybe 10 guns. I'm not sure if they had a sale or what but I go there quite often and always seen quite a few guns on display. Didn't have time to ask someone what was happening but I will next time I'm there
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Apprentice

User Info Menu

You need a fairly large market to support a stand alone gun shop. Many have gone out of business. Canadian Tire has the advantage of making their profit in many other markets, but most wont special order or bring in products which they dont normally stock, nor deal in used firearms.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The selection of firearms and ammunition at the Canadian Tire in Belleville is pretty amazing. Their whole sporting goods section is one of the biggest I have seen at CTC.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I was in the Smiths Falls CT this morning and it's really come along...they have over a dozen new security cabinets able to hold 20 or 25 guns each. AND they didn't even have all the guns out...the MLs are considered 'seasonal' and they don't have room for them out front right so there are stored in the back.

Huge sale on their guns right now if you're shopping for one.

I regards to 'hunting' stuff I would say they have more in Smith Falls than they have in the 'Hunt and Fishing Store' set up in the Kemptville store.

We're very lucky now with what is available in just a short drive. I can remember when all we had available was an hours drive to deal with the insufferable staff at LeBaron's...
    Last edited by MikePal; September 6th, 2018 at 05:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12