Awesome.

What town. How many decoys. Big flocks or singles and doubles

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Thanks, it was near London. 40-50 dekes. These were a couple flocks of 20+ each. They gave us a few chances and with 5 shooters we carved 6 or 8 out each time.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by benjhind View Post
    Thanks, it was near London. 40-50 dekes. These were a couple flocks of 20+ each. They gave us a few chances and with 5 shooters we carved 6 or 8 out each time.
    Looks like you guys did well congrats
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Likely be able to get out Saturday. Likely hit some pasture or possible silage depending if it’s off or not. We might have corn off at the end of month when duck opens as well. Can only hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Went out last night on water, as I was working in the morning. It was a beautiful night, heard shots, nothing flying. But got some great shots of the sunset reflecting on the water with the decoys from the blind. If I knew how to upload pictures NOT using imgur, I would.

W.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Got skunked (no birds in the bag) at Luther today. Saw lots of ducks. Some geese. Had maybe 5 instances all day of geese circling our decoys but nowhere close enough to take a shot.

Back at it tomorrow for the morning.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Looks like there's a bit of colder weather, and tropical storm Gordon might move the geese around too

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Geese have been playing dirty, lots of field switching.......only a matter of time before we get on them good. Still some birds down and just nice to get some birds in Blues mouth again!

Blue getting the rust off, yes Blue that’s it’s bum!

62B33E6E-8EEB-43BC-A96E-57D20E66CEC5.jpg

Couple more

8F21C5D3-B3C6-495F-BE22-C6FA8003EB7B.jpg

18F27B73-6635-4F56-BAF8-7905145651C4.jpg

79B1C190-2020-49DB-9549-5AC2CC4F1048.jpg

CF266196-5E84-4B3C-BEA6-1E0F0885CB1C.jpg
    Last edited by duckslayer; September 9th, 2018 at 09:25 AM.
    I love fishing but REALLY it is just a way to pass time until hunting season!!!!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I was out bombing around in the boat on Lake Scugog last Friday checking out the spots I like to set up the boat blind and there's nothing flying,yet. I ran into a couple of guys doing the early field Goose hunt. So far,they haven't fired a shot. It's ridiculously hot. I'm not looking for an early start to the season this year. I think it's going to be really late down here.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    I was out bombing around in the boat on Lake Scugog last Friday checking out the spots I like to set up the boat blind and there's nothing flying,yet. I ran into a couple of guys doing the early field Goose hunt. So far,they haven't fired a shot. It's ridiculously hot. I'm not looking for an early start to the season this year. I think it's going to be really late down here.
    By the calendar its early and suspect the warm weather hasn't helped. Watched a flock of about 30 birds get up fly around the golf course and set back down for the rest of the morning Friday. Mosquitoes thick in the field thermocall was needed. Don't think they'll be in the mood next week either.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast