Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon...New fishing and hunting licensing service and regulations

Apprentice

User Info Menu

ADVERTISEMENT
    The only way this will work is just like you mentioned report your harvest same day.
    Quote Originally Posted by 30cal4me View Post
    Does the mandatory harvest reporting mean within a set number of hours similar to turkey hunting or by a set date after the season has closed?. If it was the former then it might eliminate the availability of printing/using multiple tags.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=rick_iles;1067575]
    Quote Originally Posted by 300Sniper View Post
    Print to pdf 1 time, print that to paper as many as you want[/QUOTE

PDF......I thought that was a life preserver ....
    I bet you remember when they were called a "May West", and the reason why.
    Sic Gorgia Mus Allos Subjectatos Nunc.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=30cal4me;1067576]Does the mandatory harvest reporting mean within a set number of hours similar to turkey hunting or by a set date after the season has closed?. If it was the former then it might eliminate the availability of printing/using multiple tags.

I hunt in Pennsylvania (PA) and I suspect Ont. will have a similar mandatory reporting system. In PA you have 3 days to report. You log in using your Outdoors Card No. and your deer tags are listed, each with a unique tag number, which is printed on the tag. You report: date, sex, and township.....the system is very simple. Under the PA system...you do not print your own tags, they are mailed to you.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

The mandatory reporting is just the surveys at year end becoming mandatory to qualify for next year.

*copied and pasted from ofah*
    Details…

Mailed-in postcard surveys will be coming to an end (they will still be mailed out in 2018)

ALL hunters who purchase a licence for moose, elk, white-tailed deer, wolf/coyote, wild turkey and black bear will be required to provide information whether they harvested an animal or not, and even if they didn’t end up hunting
    If you do not complete the report, you may not be able to purchase a licence the following year.

The new regulations coming into effect on January 1, 2019 allow the government to refuse to issue a licence to a hunter who did not report in the previous year, but the details related to the consequences of not reporting have not yet been finalized
    Last edited by FisherHunter86; September 7th, 2018 at 08:01 AM.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=hollywood;1067614]
    Quote Originally Posted by 30cal4me View Post
    Does the mandatory harvest reporting mean within a set number of hours similar to turkey hunting or by a set date after the season has closed?. If it was the former then it might eliminate the availability of printing/using multiple tags.

I hunt in Pennsylvania (PA) and I suspect Ont. will have a similar mandatory reporting system. In PA you have 3 days to report. You log in using your Outdoors Card No. and your deer tags are listed, each with a unique tag number, which is printed on the tag. You report: date, sex, and township.....the system is very simple. Under the PA system...you do not print your own tags, they are mailed to you.

That's great but if the deer is in the freezer the poachers will pull out the copied tag & go hunting again.... I hope the savings from mailing tags was worth it!!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

As with any Govt. change, there will probably be a grace period for the "uninformed, oops I didn't know about the change". I think People should know what to do but there are always some who will try to take advantage.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Luckily, they been talking about it for long enough. I think they did a great job to introduce the changes this time. Shouldn’t be too many surprises.
    "When you piss in the wind, you will get your feet wet."
    Deer Hunter

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellerivercrossbowhunter View Post

That's great but if the deer is in the freezer the poachers will pull out the copied tag & go hunting again.... I hope the savings from mailing tags was worth it!!
    The vast majority of Ontario hunters go decades in between visits from enforcement, if they ever see one at all in their lifetime. Hunting (and fishing, for that matter) is the honour system and has been for a long, long time. The new licensing system wont change that.

Whta I would say is you do your part in reporting violations if you see them.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Let me get this straight if I shoot a deer, I have to notch the seal but I am no longer obliged to attach it to the animal at the kill site? However if the animal gets transported and I don't accompany it, the seal must be attached to it? So if I am party hunting in the second week, after shipping my kill out on the first week, doesn't that leave me out hunting deer without a licence to show a CO if asked, OR is this where the copy of my licence summary comes into play?

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting?
    - Gun Nut

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Let me get this straight if I shoot a deer, I have to notch the seal but I am no longer obliged to attach it to the animal at the kill site? However if the animal gets transported and I don't accompany it, the seal must be attached to it? So if I am party hunting in the second week, after shipping my kill out on the first week, doesn't that leave me out hunting deer without a licence to show a CO if asked, OR is this where the copy of my licence summary comes into play?

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting?
    - Gun Nut
    No it leaves you without a seal............you will still have your licence and validation tag (if in the controlled hunt) to show the C O you are legally party hunting with your group.............nothing changes there........

Let's try not to over complicate this guys.................
    Last edited by duckslayer; September 9th, 2018 at 07:35 AM.
    I love fishing but REALLY it is just a way to pass time until hunting season!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast