Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North bay sale

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default North bay sale

ADVERTISEMENT
    The only word for it is ouch.mink,otter. fisher unsold.rats 3.16, coon av 4.41,beaver 14.31.The only coon is xxxl or xxl 1&2 other wise forget it.top skunk was better then coon and beaver at 18.50

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

How about Coyote pelts? Were there any at market?
    Sometimes,Karma sends an ex back into your life to see if you're still stupid.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    How about Coyote pelts? Were there any at market?
    from the NAFA report May Wildlife ; http://www.nafa.ca/auction-results-2/

Fashion Industry Dominates Coyote Sale

Coyotes sold under strong competition from the fashion industry, at levels firm to advancing compared to our February sale. Once again, the international trim and luxury sportswear industry showed its confidence in the continued consumer demand for this article.

NAFA remains the leading supplier of top quality North American wild fur in the world.

TOP LOTS
    The Top Lot of Coyote was purchased by Rebellato Graziano S.A.S. of Italy for $270.00.

RESULTS FOR FRESH SUNDRY OWNER GOODS ONLY
    All prices in USD

Coyote
    OFFERED 92,641

SALES % SECTION AVERAGE TOP PRICE
    100% Heavy $100.94 $270.00
    95% Semi $54.70 $102.00
    70% Eastern $43.73 $120.00
    100% Section III $15.56 $65.00
    Last edited by MikePal; May 27th, 2018 at 07:08 AM.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sad that the average price for a Eastern Coyote is only $43...after costs, brokerage charges, taxes etc. ...you might take home $5....
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Hell thats more then we take home for beaver.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Well last sale of the at NAFA .I would say it is more then grim for this fall as beaver are way down.The only thing thats worth anything is there castors.Im glad this is my final yr

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Trapper I am curious. Why is raw fur selling for practically nothing yet anything made of fur or leather is still expensive.

Seem's everyone else makes the money and only the source loses. You must really have a love of Trapping.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Trapper I am curious. Why is raw fur selling for practically nothing yet anything made of fur or leather is still expensive.

Seem's everyone else makes the money and only the source loses. You must really have a love of Trapping.
    You can make your own stuff with furs you trap, there is a process to it but you can.

Think about every single resource, the more people in the middle the more cost involved.

I keep seeds for my tomatoes, I grow 40 plants of each type. I turn those into salsa with a little vinegar, a 500ml jar, some cilantro and hot peppers that I also grow from seed. My total cost is about $2, I can sell it for $8, if I were to sell the tomatoes and peppers I would get maybe $2 for the same ingredients that go into that salsa, talking 3 times the profit when you make a value added product as opposed to the raw product.

You can tan the pelts yourself, pay the royalty and sell them with a trappers license, the details I am not exactly clear on but I know you can do this. If you make your own hats, mitts, coats, etc, then you can charge slightly less than the big companies and sell them but your time invested goes up and depending on how fast you are the added value is moot.

Trapping has not been a money maker for a long time, the guys here refuse to trap locally for beaver because they make more on nuisance calls from the municipality than they ever would selling raw hides.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Trapping is a labour of love.

I have my license and if I chose to could have the greatest mentor a young man could ever have (my grandfather, a trapper of 60+ years experience), but I just cant justify the startup expense and time commitments to make it work. I still accompanied him on many an outing of course, I just never took the step of doing my own trapping. I'll still handle the nuisance removal on our family property and our neighbours once he no longer can, but its to make sure us and the neighbours can access the properties without the damn beaver washing out a culvert or two.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I was kinda referring to that Trappers have to truly enjoy the job. From what I see you would be lucky to break even.

Quote Originally Posted by blasted_saber View Post
    Trapping is a labour of love.

I have my license and if I chose to could have the greatest mentor a young man could ever have (my grandfather, a trapper of 60+ years experience), but I just cant justify the startup expense and time commitments to make it work. I still accompanied him on many an outing of course, I just never took the step of doing my own trapping. I'll still handle the nuisance removal on our family property and our neighbours once he no longer can, but its to make sure us and the neighbours can access the properties without the damn beaver washing out a culvert or two.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast