Thread: New trapping season

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default New trapping season

Well trapping season is right around the corner and my preparation will be starting very soon , fur prices arenít great and might even be the worst Iíve seen ever but all a trapper can hope for is good weather, and good luck , management of our valuable resource is important even when prices are low and Iím a trapper year in and year out , all we can hope for is the better years outweigh the poorer years over our lifetime.

I may start a thread documenting my season if there is interest again like in years past , anyway good luck to everyone out in the woods this fall no matter what you are pursuing.
    You got one shot at life where are your sights aimed today ?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I for one enjoy hearing about trapping and I read your threads/posts with great interest Matt. It's an honourable trade and a tradition that is disappearing, so keeping it alive thru your stories is worthwhile.

I used to enjoy back when Abitiby Ray would post his stories with pictures of him and his family trapping the beaver damns in the winter months. I really enjoyed those. Haven't heard from him in years.

Thanks for all your efforts Matt in keeping us up to date on the industry and how it works....
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yes post your stories, trips, strategies and all...Enjoy reading and learning all about your adventures...
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I'd be interested as well. Good luck this season.

Cheers
    Smitty

Straight shooter

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I like to hear your stories and would like to see some pics. So please share your experiences thats what the forum is all about
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Yea Matt this is my last season after 67 yrs my age has really caught up to me with my cistic fibrosis.Have a good season everybody.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I should have said 67 yrs trapping/When i finish in dec i will be selling all my gear with the money going to the Childrens Wish Foundation.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

would enjoy hearing your stories. always interesting to hear

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Matt, good luck with your season. I enjoy reading , all your posts. Wish I could , follow along. old243