ADVERTISEMENT
    How's this for a contrast in antler genetics

A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

that smaller one in front reminds of one of the bucks we have on our spot, Curly Fry ( son named him).. when I first had him on camera he didn't look like much, maybe a decent 8 point but I told my boy that it looked like he might have a bunch of junk at the bases of both main beams.. well , nearly 2 months later and he is around quite a bit, and he blew up to a really really nice 11 pointer.. and the bases of his main beams look like this guy, almost looks like our buck has 4 brow tines, that is how big his stickers are.. pretty neat to see honestly, such character..

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buckluck_9pt View Post
    that smaller one in front reminds of one of the bucks we have on our spot, Curly Fry ( son named him).. when I first had him on camera he didn't look like much, maybe a decent 8 point but I told my boy that it looked like he might have a bunch of junk at the bases of both main beams.. well , nearly 2 months later and he is around quite a bit, and he blew up to a really really nice 11 pointer.. and the bases of his main beams look like this guy, almost looks like our buck has 4 brow tines, that is how big his stickers are.. pretty neat to see honestly, such character..
    I just find it interesting to see these 2 in the same pic. The smaller of the 2 with a bunch of stickers, and then an older deer that's only a 6 pointer. I hope the little one makes it a few years to get to 'Curly Fry' size

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Very interesting. A couple of years back I had pics of twin buck fawns. One became a basket eight before he was shot by the neighbours and the other became a very nice non-typical before he disappeared off of my cameras.
    Rod Embree
    KMG Hunting Safaris

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KMG Canada View Post
    Very interesting. A couple of years back I had pics of twin buck fawns. One became a basket eight before he was shot by the neighbours and the other became a very nice non-typical before he disappeared off of my cameras.
    Interesting. I'd guess that's one of the 25% of cases where the twins were sired by 2 different bucks.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Why should they be related?They may be 2 different bucks in a small bachelor group............Any indication they are brothers ?l Like earlier pictures of them with their mom.........which would be hard to tell becasue they were too young,,,,,,,,,,,etc.Just my 2 cents.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    Why should they be related?They may be 2 different bucks in a small bachelor group............Any indication they are brothers ?l Like earlier pictures of them with their mom.........which would be hard to tell becasue they were too young,,,,,,,,,,,etc.Just my 2 cents.
    No, not related. My comment about twins was replying to KMG's experience with twin fawns. In the case of the pic I posted, I'd guess the 6 point is a year older.