Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: options for legally carrying bow in the dark

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default options for legally carrying bow in the dark

ADVERTISEMENT
    Maybe this has already been discussed but I am curious what options are out there for a bow case that you can conveniently conceal during legal light (while your hunting)? or let me rephrase, since the regs say enclosed on all 6 sides. What can you use to carry your bow in or out of the stand in the dark?

Those spiffy backpacks probably come close to enclosing the bows on all 6 sides but I don't know they meet he legal test.

This is rarely an issue for me on afternoon hunts unless I shoot something close to dark, which rarely happens because I am never comfy shooting in the last 15 mins of light with my compound. But sometimes I get treed by deer or bears.
    Things that fly turn me on

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I picked up a collapsible cross-bow soft case. It looks a bit weird but fits my bow and I can squash it into my backpack. You could also use a garbage bag.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

If you know someone that sews, get some light fabric, whatever colour you want, lay your bow on it and have it sewn into a large pouch, with a drawstring at one end. It will be perfectly legal and you can bunch it up and put it in a pocket.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I picked up a thin nylon or polyester case from Saugeen Shafts many years ago.
    I can put it in my pocket when I'm hunting and it also had a loop at one end that i could tie off to when I needed to pull it up to my treestand.
    It's a large piece of fabric with a long zipper. I haven't seen any like it around lately but you could just pick up some fabric, a zipper and have one made.
    You're only as good as your first shot of the day. Know your limitations and make it count.
    ...FC 2012

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Pillow Case and tie it up= all six sides encased.
    "No one's interested in something you didn't do"

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    If you know someone that sews, get some light fabric, whatever colour you want, lay your bow on it and have it sewn into a large pouch, with a drawstring at one end. It will be perfectly legal and you can bunch it up and put it in a pocket.
    I did this for my compound. Even sewed in a zipper and about halfway through the season sewed on a strap. Best part is, it cost next to nothing in materials. Got everything from Fabricland for about $15.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ride.lift.shoot View Post
    I did this for my compound. Even sewed in a zipper and about halfway through the season sewed on a strap. Best part is, it cost next to nothing in materials. Got everything from Fabricland for about $15.
    X2. Mrs.T did the same thing at Fabricland. She even found camo material. The beauty is I don't have to "take down" the bow to slide it inside the case.
    Sometimes,Karma sends an ex back into your life to see if you're still stupid.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyObsessed View Post
    Pillow Case and tie it up= all six sides encased.
    X2 Body pillow case 6 or 7 dollars at Walmart
    Glen

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I go the fabric pouch/pillowcase route as well. I found heavy camo then treated it to repel water well. Best part is now I donít need to bring a pad or seat when I hunt because I can just fold up the bag and sit on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast