Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Scent Control

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Picked up some activated carbon, and going to try the homemade spray. Will report back with my findings.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Got a fire pit in my yard... going to wear my huntin clothes for an while and stand by the fire...

Just starting out

User Info Menu

re: using smoke as a cover scent. I started doing this about 4 years ago. I keep a small metal pail in my blind when I am on the way in I will gather a few dead twigs off the Hemlocks and cedars and a tiny bit of greenery. When I get settled into the blind toss the sticks into the pail and get a small fire going, then toss the greenery on top to snuff the fire, smokes like crazy, sometimes forcing me to stick head out the window for a bit. I have had many deer walk by the blind directly downwind at about 15 yards and not even twitch. The smoke smell stays on the clothes for a long time though so depending on your domestic situation you may not want to wear them into the house. :P

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Guys who smoke in their tree stands have sworn it works....and I know it hard to argue with the results when they shoot deer year in and out.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Smoke in your clothes works but what about your breath and your body odor when in the stand. I have used cheaper ozonic machines and they do help...https://www.cabelas.ca/product/90239...zone-generator. I have this one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12