Thread: Landowner Tags

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Landowner Tags

Can I apply for a landowner deer tag if I own more than 50 acres but the land is not in a WMU that has a controlled deer hunt? In other words, are these tags for only for controlled hunt areas?
    Thanks in advance.
    Life is about kicking butt, not kissing it!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

From my understanding, your landowner tag is only for your land. If you own more than 50 acres, you are guaranteed a controlled validation. If you hunt in a controlled hunt, in a different WMU than where your land is, you are guaranteed a controlled validation, but you pay full price for your licence. Kind of convoluted if you ask me, but that’s how it was explained to me. So basically, a landowner tag is for your land at a reduced rate.....

Apprentice

User Info Menu

If your hunting in a non controlled hunt WMU then get yourself a farmer's tag if you want the cheaper price. This is different from the controlled hunt landowner licence. With the farmer tag you are limited to a buck anywhere in the WMU your property is in.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

If your land is not in a controlled WMU then you cannot apply for a farmer/landowner controlled deer tag.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetright View Post
    If your hunting in a non controlled hunt WMU then get yourself a farmer's tag if you want the cheaper price. This is different from the controlled hunt landowner licence. With the farmer tag you are limited to a buck anywhere in the WMU your property is in.
    He can only get the farmer deer licence if he is a farmer but he only mentions that he is a landowner so i do not think he qualifies for a farmers licence.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Farmer's , Landowner Tags, are fully explained on page 72 of the 2018/2019 Hunting Regulations Summary.