Thread: Small game opener!

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Small game opener!

Well opening day in these parts is today for small game (squirrel grouse and rabbit)

And I got........

Drum roll please.....

About 3 or 4 dozen mosquitoe bites hahaha

Anybody else get out today?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I had a rain day from work so I headed north, brought three different sizes of shot, waders, rain jacket, Hunter Orange, went for a nice wander in the bush.

Spotted one grouse on the trail and flushed one from some cedars, didn't see any squirrels, rabbits, ducks, or geese on my travels but definitely lots of mosquitoes.

Just nice to get out.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I just made it out to a local spot on my route partway through the day for a while. Just so nice to hit that trail again slowly walking around holding my rifle and looking around. No expectations just wanted to be out today kind of a "here we go"!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

We just need a bit of cold weather to get things rolling.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I got out for a couple of hours this afternoon, managed to shoot my first grouse. Made for a tasty dinner!

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AyrHunter97 View Post
    I got out for a couple of hours this afternoon, managed to shoot my first grouse. Made for a tasty dinner!
    nicely done.
    i was spoiled as i moved from sudbury to mt forest area. birds are there but hard to come by with these leaves on the trees still.
    flushed a partridge and crapped my pants, no shot. bunch of geese flew over head too.
    all in all nice to get out but im not small gaming again until these bugs go back to the hell they came from. i can sit in my deer blind and turkey blind without being eaten alive.
    enjoy the bush wacking guys!