Thread: Fall colour and a bit of backhoe fun

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Fall colour and a bit of backhoe fun

Fall color was pretty good this weekend but actually peaked last weekend. A few pics from my little place in the woods:

My spot - small but comfortable:

The view looking SW from my dock:

My frontage carries on another 800 or 900 feet past the end of the frame and than it is crown for miles and miles. The view from the end of the dock to the crown across the lake:

Last shot of the boat at the dock this season:

Took it for one last cruise around the lake before putting her away for the winter. Actually had to break a little bit of ice to get underway. Temperature was about 4C.

Took the boat out for the season on Sunday morning. I have my own rough launch on a side bay that does the job - but just barely. The 4WD one-ton can't do it - even in lo with the differentials locked and BFG KO2s it gets stuck (partly because it has to go 6 feet further out into the lake to reach the depth the trailer needs). But that's okay because we have the technology - a $100 adaptor for the front bucket on the tractor backhoe:

Got the boat on the trailer - now just had to get from the boat to the backhoe:

Getting there:

Closer:

And made it:

Last edited by Species8472; October 15th, 2018 at 07:22 PM.
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt emus
    Cave ab homine unius libri

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Where there's a will, there's a way... Great looking spot, peace and quite I bet. And you're right about the leaves peaking last weekend...
    SkyBlue Big Game Blueticks

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Looks like a nice little piece of paradise...
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    Looks like a nice little piece of paradise...
    That it is. We were very lucky to find it and even luckier to be able to afford it. Ten more years and we will be there full time.
    Last edited by Species8472; October 15th, 2018 at 09:42 PM.
    Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt emus
    Cave ab homine unius libri

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bo D View Post
    Where there's a will, there's a way... Great looking spot, peace and quite I bet. And you're right about the leaves peaking last weekend...
    You need to ride that Harley South to the camp. Located the hogs two days in a row last week. Perhaps tomorrow will provide a shot.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Dude, My phone crashed and I lost everything. Had no way of getting in touch with you when I got back from South Dakota...Pm me your info... Talk to you later amigo...
    SkyBlue Big Game Blueticks