Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rut Activity Report

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default 2018 Rut Activity Report

Thought it might be useful/interesting to see what folks around the province are seeing in their hunts/scouting as the rut begins to crank up.

In Eastern Ontario (WMU 63) there has been minimal scraping/rubbing - but trail cameras are showing nocturnal visits over the past week or so to scrapes to work the licking branch.

My trail cameras have also been showing light sparring between smaller bucks.

No daylight photos yet of the larger bucks - all nocturnal.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Was up at the cabin last week for the Moose hunt, no scrapes seen on my travels,in fact very little deer sign anywhere.On the last day leaving,yesterday had a rub on one
    Sumach bush by the cabin and fresh hoof marks in the snow with what looked like a small doe and a buck.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

A buddy just got back from a week of moose hunting in WMU 47 and said there was good sign in his area
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Was up to camp in 41 for a pre scout and not a sign of rut. On way home yesterday on 401 between London and Chatham watched a nice buck chasing a doe through a cut field between 2 woodlots. Was cool to see, he had one thing on his mind and she didn’t seem to want anything to do with.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Lots of scrapes in 92B. I didn't see any chasing but I have only been twice so it could be happening.. lol

Apprentice

User Info Menu

tons of rubs and scrapes in area 94 with lots of chasing already going on.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

In 82a just started seeing scrapes and day light buck movement. Younger ones but still bucks. Slight increase in deer sightings also.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Been out twice and no scrapes. Although my hunting partner had a deer run by him and was looking the other while holding the bow. He was hunting while I was out looking for tracks and scrapes
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

Just starting out

User Info Menu

82a an 8 pointer hit my cousins truck at 6am last week

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Put up trail cameras yesterday morning, no sign of rubs or scrapes in the area yet but more tracks than last year, seem to be a bunch of doe/fawn pairs as you can see the little tracks with the big ones.

Some nice poop piles right in front of the one stand, a good sign.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast